Why do cruise passengers moan so much ?

lincolnlad

Have to admit it was refreshing to try Fred Olsen's Braemar last week and not heard a single moan :eek:.

BTW - asked my foot surgeon about the insoles they sell on the ships and he warmed me off them - said those of us with foot/knee/hip problems were vulnerable to the sales pitch. But I guess if they work for you then they are worth it.

Have to admit it was refreshing to try Fred Olsen's Braemar last week and not heard a single moan :eek:.

BTW - asked my foot surgeon about the insoles they sell on the ships and he warmed me off them - said those of us with foot/knee/hip problems were vulnerable to the sales pitch. But I guess if they work for you then they are worth it.

I agree. It's very easy from a sales pitch to think you suffer from all sorts of things they suggest and even if you do then buying a solution from a cruise ship "expert" is not the way to go about it.

Don't be duped.

I agree. It's very easy from a sales pitch to think you suffer from all sorts of things they suggest and even if you do then buying a solution from a cruise ship "expert" is not the way to go about it. Don't be duped.

Oh I know. Turn the clock back and I wouldn't have bought them....

At the time, I was very aware that I was leaning forward when I walked (weak back I think) and getting a low backache from the bad posture when walking. I guess I was vunerable to the sales demo which very effectively shows these supports stop you from doing this and indeed I do feel that when I have them in my shoes and go walking, I now don't get the backache. But OK, it may be psychological.

However, like I said, I may be changing the balance spread because my arthritic knees are now playing up instead after wearing them. It is as if I am pounding down on them instead. So goodness knows what damage I may be doing there...

If the real experts like your foot surgeon, Host Sharon, warn us off them, then I think I will stop using them and if problems persist consult a real expert.

I would be interested to know from anyone going to another of their sales pitches on board if they are still pledging their 'Lifetime Guarantee' without written back up.(Indeed a disclaimer in the pack - once you have bought them, note - tells you that there is no guarantee at all. The sales pitch tells you to keep your receipt and take it back to your local store if a problem. The 'local' store for the UK is in Belfast (!) as I discovered from internet searching when I got home and then, they would only exchange the product.)

I did write to Steiner, who actually offered a full refund. They acknowledged my concerns about the guarantee pitch and said they were going to pass my comments on to the Operational Director for investigation - I would be interested to know if they have changed anything, though I doubt it. So please, anyone on board, if you go to one of these Good Feet demos, let me know.

Edited by Scriv

Oh, I was probably waving at you from my balcony on Aurora as Braemar went out from Lisbon just ahead of us! It looked nice.

Didn't hear a lot of moaning on Aurora either; it was a fantastic cruise and apart from the Lisbon day and a bit of rough weather coming back across Biscay the weather was marvellous for late November!

Where is the on line questionnaire, dave?

It was by email invitation but I think that it was because we have just come back from the canaries that we got it. One of the questions was whether we had filled in the one we get on the ship before disembarking. Hope this throws some light on the subject.

Oh, I was probably waving at you from my balcony on Aurora as Braemar went out from Lisbon just ahead of us! It looked nice.

Didn't hear a lot of moaning on Aurora either; it was a fantastic cruise and apart from the Lisbon day and a bit of rough weather coming back across Biscay the weather was marvellous for late November!

Sorry - that wasn't my cruise! It was a delightful short break sailing up the Seine to Rouen for three nights immediately after her refit. Nice ship - happily sail on her again - as I would Aurora too.

A couple of years ago and prior to our first cruise, Azura was docked in Cartagena, Spain. As we were in the area we popped along to try and get some feedback from passengers.

Everyone we approached were complimentary in their remarks except one couple who found the ship much too large. They did go on to say however it was there 4th cruise on the ship.

:confused:

I hate it when people go on about how much or little they payed.

I just smile politely and don't respond.

If asked directly I think I'd say that my holiday was paid for by the social security people to help me fight depression, which was caused by me being out of work and on benefits for the last 15 years. I could add to that, that they needed me out of the house for a couple of weeks anyway so that they could put in a new kitchen and redecorate.

What do you think, would I get away with it?

:D

Brilliant idea