Silver Cloud, Lake Union or Broadway?

Lois R

Good morning, I know how to use the search feature and use it alot:)

But sometimes the answers cannot be found....so.....for those of you

who are in Seattle or that area.....I have a room booked at The Silver

Cloud in Lake Union. I have now found a room at the Broadway location

for 20.00 less......would you switch properties? I realize it is not alot

of money but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.......both places look very nice:)

Any input would be appreciated.

Oh, Lake Union offers free breakfast too.

Thank you.:)

Edited by Lois R

Either one will be nice but I prefer the Lake Union location. The company I previously worked with always put their clients at Lake Union, except for a few sports fans who preferred the Stadium location.

It's in the city but away from the crush of people. There's a large park on the lake ... it's fun to watch all the boats, kayaks and scheduled float plane traffic. Some good restaurants too. The hotel also has a free shuttle that will drop you off at a few popular tourist spots. Or you can walk a few blocks and catch the street car to downtown.

If you're staying there after the cruise, they have laundry facilities.

Good morning, I know how to use the search feature and use it alot:)

But sometimes the answers cannot be found....so.....for those of you

who are in Seattle or that area.....I have a room booked at The Silver

Cloud in Lake Union. I have now found a room at the Broadway location

for 20.00 less......would you switch properties? I realize it is not alot

of money but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.......both places look very nice:)

Any input would be appreciated.

Oh, Lake Union offers free breakfast too.

Thank you.:)

I have stayed at both and the $20 or $40 more wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. I like the Lake Union location, but you may like Broadway better. So we stay at Lake Union, unless we are in town for a Husky game, then we stay at the University location.:)

Thank you both:) I will just stay where I am.......any restaurant

recommendations:D? I looked on Trip Advisor...I keep forgetting how

many restaurants ya'll have;)......I have been to Ivan's down at the pier

and I also remember eating at the Icon Grille....that place is fun:D

yes, there are many restaurants so if you want recommendations you'll need to indicate what kind of food, atmosphere, cost, etc.

Ahhh....you are so correct......my issue is major....I love everything:D;)

Beef, seafood, Italian........"eclectic".....you name it, I normally love it.

Prices?.....lets say in the 80.00 range.....I usually splurge pre-cruise. It is

just me so lets say between 75.00 and 100.00 bucks.....(that would be

with a drink or glass of wine...or a beer.) Of course 50.00-75.00 would

be ok too:)......

Edited by Lois R

Lois,

Tom Douglas' restaurants are very popular in Seattle. I would google him and take a look at some of his offerings. If you find any that sound appealing, check yelp and see what others are saying.

I'm sure other locals can chime in on his places too.

Debbie

There are several great restaurants on the waterfront at Lake Union. I've eaten at Dukes Chowder House and Chandlers Crabhouse. My BIL is a steak guy and he LOVES Daniels Broiler which is next pier over from the other 2 restaurants.

Use google maps to get 1150 Fairview Ave N, Seattle then do 'search nearby' for restaurants.

The Pink Door downtown is excellent.

If the weather is nice, take the water taxi from the Seattle waterfront to Alki Beach in West Seattle. Salty's is right next to the dock. Fantastic views of the Seattle skyline. There are several restaurants nearby also. A previous thread with photos. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015908&highlight=alki

for restaurant suggestions, start another thread ... this thread is titled Silver Cloud so it won't attract much interest.

Edited by mapleleaves
link

• 1 month later...
There are several great restaurants on the waterfront at Lake Union. I've eaten at Dukes Chowder House and Chandlers Crabhouse. My BIL is a steak guy and he LOVES Daniels Broiler which is next pier over from the other 2 restaurants.

Use google maps to get 1150 Fairview Ave N, Seattle then do 'search nearby' for restaurants.

The Pink Door downtown is excellent.

If the weather is nice, take the water taxi from the Seattle waterfront to Alki Beach in West Seattle. Salty's is right next to the dock. Fantastic views of the Seattle skyline. There are several restaurants nearby also. A previous thread with photos. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015908&highlight=alki

for restaurant suggestions, start another thread ... this thread is titled Silver Cloud so it won't attract much interest.

I like the idea of taking the water taxi and going to Salty's! You get to see Seattle from the water, and get to have good food at Salty's.

If you were staying at the Broadway location, I would say to go to Dick's for the best burgers, fries, and shakes. The atmosphere is the Broadway are is wonderful, never a dull moment there.

Whatever you do in the Emerald City, you will have fun!

If you were staying at the Broadway location, I would say to go to Dick's for the best burgers, fries, and shakes. The atmosphere is the Broadway are is wonderful, never a dull moment there.!

I think that Dick's is a matter of personal taste. We don't care for Dick's, so we don't recommend it.:)