Vancouver Pan Pacific Hotel no rooms available

cruzemaven

We are taking our ten year old grandson on a cruise to Alaska in August. We were looking forward to staying in The Pan Pacific Hotel the night before the cruise. For us, it would make the embarkation process very easy. But when we called today for a reservation, they told us they are totally booked. So, just wondering, if there is a good alternative to the Pan Pacific...would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

The Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street from the Pan Pacific. Try them. If they are also sold out I suggest that you google the dates and see if there are any large conventions, conferences, events, etc, in Vancouver for the dates you need. That happened to me once (a big film festival or something, along with a "green energy" conference). I did get a nice room, though it wasn't where I wanted. Good luck!

The Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street from the Pan Pacific. Try them. If they are also sold out I suggest that you google the dates and see if there are any large conventions, conferences, events, etc, in Vancouver for the dates you need. That happened to me once (a big film festival or something, along with a "green energy" conference). I did get a nice room, though it wasn't where I wanted. Good luck!

I was able to book The Fairmont Waterfront...thank you for your suggestion.

I would also go with the the Fairmont Waterfront.

If it was me I would book with the Fairmont and then from time to time check with Pan Pacific to see if something opened up for you.

I have stayed at Pan Pacific many times but I am also familiar with the Fairmont as we have visited there a few times as some of our friends have stayed there.

Keith

I was able to book The Fairmont Waterfront...thank you for your suggestion.

The last time I stayed there the bellman took our luggage to the terminal. I think (but am not 100% certain) that service is still available.

There is a food court underground that has a McDonalds (gotta look out for the grandson :D ) , pizza by the slice, and.... I can't remember the rest but there is probably 10 different eating places there.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking to book the Pan Pacific on Aug. 2, but it is BC day in Vancouver, so there was no availability of course with the very busy weekend. I kept checking, but no luck. I had my TA check with HAL to see if they had any rooms as part of a package and he said I could get a room and transfers for the 3 to YVR for $572. I passed.

Today I got an email from the website that has agencies competing for your business. They now are affiliated with a company that usually charges a membership fee, but if you go thru them, there is no fee. Just for fun, I played along and checked into the possibility that they had rooms for the Pan Pacific on my date. Bingo! I had my choice of a deluxe room for $172, a deluxe harbor view room for $195, a premium room for $233 or a Pacific Club King room for $247. Before I jumped at it, a researched for about an hour and then pulled the trigger. I ended up with a Deluxe Harbor View Double room, with taxes and fees, for $235.63. I'm pretty excited!

I was looking to book the Pan Pacific on Aug. 2' date=' but it is BC day in Vancouver, so there was no availability of course with the very busy weekend. I kept checking, but no luck. I had my TA check with HAL to see if they had any rooms as part of a package and he said I could get a room and transfers for the 3 to YVR for $572. I passed.

Today I got an email from the website that has agencies competing for your business. They now are affiliated with a company that usually charges a membership fee, but if you go thru them, there is no fee. Just for fun, I played along and checked into the possibility that they had rooms for the Pan Pacific on my date. Bingo! I had my choice of a deluxe room for $172, a deluxe harbor view room for $195, a premium room for $233 or a Pacific Club King room for $247. Before I jumped at it, a researched for about an hour and then pulled the trigger. I ended up with a Deluxe Harbor View Double room, with taxes and fees, for $235.63. I'm pretty excited![/quote']

Wish I knew which website you are referring to. :(

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is very nice and close. They are across the street and down a half a block or so. There is a tunnel walkway from the hotel that leads to the convention center and Canada Place.

I stayed here a few years ago and it is amazing! Except for the convenient location of Pan Pacific, the Pacific Rim is a much nicer hotel! It is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at.

I stayed here a few years ago and it is amazing! Except for the convenient location of Pan Pacific, the Pacific Rim is a much nicer hotel! It is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at.

Yes, it did kick things up for us by a couple notches as it's not normally the kind of hotel we stay in. We were kind of shocked to see a TV screen in the bathroom mirror!

Yes, it did kick things up for us by a couple notches as it's not normally the kind of hotel we stay in. We were kind of shocked to see a TV screen in the bathroom mirror!

We had one free night at a Fairmont and spent an additional $400 for an additional night so it averaged $200 per night.

I remember playing with the lights trying to figure them out. The view of the Olympic cauldron was amazing at night! The staff were amazing as well. It definitely was the most technology advanced and comfortable room I have been in. The beds and linens were fabulous, especially after Princess's bed.

I had a TV in the mirror previously at Hotel Nikko in SFO so I had that aww experience a few years before my Pacific Rim experience.

I had stayed at the Pan Pacific probably 2 years before the Olympics and the hotel had been very run down. It was disappointing for me - even service was disappointing, the Pacific Rim stood out and definitely impressed me. I understand that the Pan Pacific went through a major renovation before the Olympics so I am sure it is in better shape than when we stayed there. It does have the convenient location going for it.

Edited by Coral

I was looking to book the Pan Pacific on Aug. 2' date=' but it is BC day in Vancouver, so there was no availability of course with the very busy weekend. I kept checking, but no luck. I had my TA check with HAL to see if they had any rooms as part of a package and he said I could get a room and transfers for the 3 to YVR for $572. I passed.

Today I got an email from the website that has agencies competing for your business. They now are affiliated with a company that usually charges a membership fee, but if you go thru them, there is no fee. Just for fun, I played along and checked into the possibility that they had rooms for the Pan Pacific on my date. Bingo! I had my choice of a deluxe room for $172, a deluxe harbor view room for $195, a premium room for $233 or a Pacific Club King room for $247. Before I jumped at it, a researched for about an hour and then pulled the trigger. I ended up with a Deluxe Harbor View Double room, with taxes and fees, for $235.63. I'm pretty excited![/quote']

I just booked the Pan Pacific for next summer on the same site....amazing! Booked a deluxe room for $172 and then a Harbor room for my parents for $195!! Hope others can find this through the website where "they compete for cruises" ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI, on the site where I booked ( where you CRUISE and they COMPETE) I just happened to check the prices for the Pan Pacific again and found it had gone down a little. ( not much but everything helps ). I called and cancelled my first reservation and rebooked at the lower rate with no penalties. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else who has booked it thru them.

Just FYI' date=' on the site where I booked ( where you CRUISE and they COMPETE) I just happened to check the prices for the Pan Pacific again and found it had gone down a little. ( not much but everything helps ). I called and cancelled my first reservation and rebooked at the lower rate with no penalties. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else who has booked it thru them.[/quote']

I am confused as I don't see where hotels are here.

I believe it is just travel agents you can't mention here.

I am confused as I don't see where hotels are here.

I believe it is just travel agents you can't mention here.

You have to sign up (it's free) then you have to log on to your account page and click hotel deals. I reserved the Hyatt for our upcoming stay for $145/night. Had a reservation that I cancelled for $250/night. Amazing! Great tip on this site. Thought it was only for cruises!

I checked back today on the site just to see.....and the room rate for the room I booked went up $1.12 from yesterday ( not much at all, but still a change ). I guess the prices must fluctuate often so I will now monitor them more frequently in hopes of another decrease.

• 1 month later...
I checked back today on the site just to see.....and the room rate for the room I booked went up $1.12 from yesterday ( not much at all' date=' but still a change ). I guess the prices must fluctuate often so I will now monitor them more frequently in hopes of another decrease.[/quote']

I'm a member on that site as well. When I search hotels in Vancouver, Pan Pacific doesn't appear in the list of available hotels. Could that be because there is no availability for the date that I am searching? Any thoughts?

Edited: I did a search for an earlier date and the Pan Pacific came up in the search. So, I'm guessing that there is no availability for the date I am searching. :(

Edited by EatPrayCruise