Qsine discount - first night

sarawithanh

My mom got an email about 20% off specialty restaurant if we dine the first night.

I had heard previously if we wait til the day we embark and head to the restaurant to chat w/ somebody, they usually offer a discount to dine the first night.

is 20% the best we can do? trying to decide if I should have mom book now or wait for the day we board.?

thoughts?

Generally, but not always, aqua class guests are offered 50% off at specialty restaurants the first night; generally other guests are offered 20-30% off at specialty restaurants on the first night when they board the ship.

On some cruises, if you are in aqua and there is a wait at blu on any night, you can dine at any specialty restaurant for 50% off. On some cruises, they offer a package not available in advance that includes a lunch at a specialty restaurant.

It really varies by cruise and by ship and sometimes just the person you ask. I don't think you need to book that 20% off the first night deal in advance....more than likely, if you want that deal, just ask when you get on board.

We were offered 50% off later in the cruise, on the transatlantic. We declined since we were already booked in there as a group. We were not in AQ. We actually saw someone from Qsine at the entrance of the Oceanview cafe offering discounts (didn't ask how much) the last full day of the cruise.

I agree with ghstudio about waiting till you're on board to book. Just don't leave it too long if you want one of the best times to dine.

Another advantage of waiting till you're on board is you can use your OBC, if you have some to pay for it. If you book now, you will be charged immediately.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Agree with all of the above, unless you absolutely must eat there on the first night. I would prebook if that was important. Otherwise, you can probably do better on the ship as long as you are flexible. On our last cruise, the specialty restaurants were completely booked on formal nights. On other nights, we were able to get a discount and times within 30 minutes of our desired time.

On that same cruise, there was always a specialty representative outside the Buffet trying to get people to make reservations or sell packages. I asked for and got, after a call to the Maiter D' , a 30 percent discount for a night in the Tuscan Grille.

Someone from Silk Harvest was trolling for customers in the Buffet and lounges with a 50 per cent offer one day late in the cruise.

What about on a Christmas week sailing? These kind of deals seem to be non-existent if your cruise is classified as a "holiday sailing." Anybody ever gotten a 50% offer at Christmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As mentioned before, it will all depend on how well the pre cruise booking have gone. We are just back from the Nov 10th, 11 day Equinox. We pre booked the 1st night in Murano with our Celebrity Visa comp, good thing, as it was sold out and we could not add friends who waited till on ship to try and book that evening.

Slow pre sales, good chance for a better discount, brisk sales:D

I have noticed that in general that the specialty restaurants on Celebrity are priced quite a bit higher than other cruise lines. I feel that the starting price is more of an MSRP. (manufactures suggested retail price). Pricing it high gives them room to discount and the passenger feels that they are getting a deal. This is a common marketing practice for car dealers and retailers. I wouldn't pay full price for any of their specialty restaurants and I think others feel the same way as I never saw much activity at Normandie or Qsine on the Summit.

I have noticed that in general that the specialty restaurants on Celebrity are priced quite a bit higher than other cruise lines. I feel that the starting price is more of an MSRP. (manufactures suggested retail price). Pricing it high gives them room to discount and the passenger feels that they are getting a deal. This is a common marketing practice for car dealers and retailers. I wouldn't pay full price for any of their specialty restaurants and I think others feel the same way as I never saw much activity at Normandie or Qsine on the Summit.

That's an interesting observation, thank you. You may be right. We're leaning against any specialty restaurants during our upcoming 14 day cruise, but for 'half price' or roundabouts we'd do it. But on our last cruise, the specialty restaurant was $30, and we felt it was fair, so really we'd be paying the same as last time and feeling we got a bargain.

That's an interesting observation, thank you. You may be right. We're leaning against any specialty restaurants during our upcoming 14 day cruise, but for 'half price' or roundabouts we'd do it. But on our last cruise, the specialty restaurant was $30, and we felt it was fair, so really we'd be paying the same as last time and feeling we got a bargain.

We bought the 3 night pkg, which put it in the $35 ea range.