Grand Suite vs Sky Suite - opinion

Friend100

I am just looking for your opinion of what you will choose in this circumstance.

If you can pick between a midship Grand Suite on a Radiance-class ship and an aft-facing Sky Suite (S2) on a X Solstice-class ship, assuming it is a 7-night Caribbean cruise with the same date, price and itinerary, what will you prefer ... given the known difference between the two ships and their suite perks/amenities.

Thanks.

GS: more room, and access to the concierge Lounge

SS: Butler.

Honestly, we prefer the GS and her amenities. we'd have to go up a category on Celebrity since IIRC you do not get access to Michael's with a SS.

that being said, I found the food better on Celebrity but the staff more outgoing on Royal. you probably would not be disappointed no matter which way you go.

The GS is, imho, a nicer suite. It comes with all the "gold card" privileges. We just finished our first X cruise. We were in an Aqua-Suite on Reflection. Loved the ship, but found it "less fun" than Royal. Not much night life. Food was good, but I can't say it was "heads and tails" above Royal Caribbean. Loved the Martini Bar and Molecular Bar, but really missed the Schooner Bar and the Pub on Royal Caribbean. Was not impressed with the Elite Happy Hour. I find RCCL's Diamond Happy Hour better, and as D+ we get Concierge Lounge which is also a nice choice.

So, for me, no question... Grand Suite completely out weighs the Sky Suite. Much nicer perks, more entertainment on the ships. No butler though.

Nice dilemma to be in . :)

My opinion---Celebrity is a bit more upscale than RCCL

BUT, have been in both suites and we prefer the GS. The GS is bigger(387sq.ft vs. 300sq.ft). The balcony is also larger.

AND, RCCL has the Concierge Lounge ( a big plus)

I am just looking for your opinion of what you will choose in this circumstance.

If you can pick between a midship Grand Suite on a Radiance-class ship and an aft-facing Sky Suite (S2) on a X Solstice-class ship, assuming it is a 7-night Caribbean cruise with the same date, price and itinerary, what will you prefer ... given the known difference between the two ships and their suite perks/amenities.

Thanks.

Don't know when you are cruising, but after April, Celebrity's suite perks are going to be much better than Royal's. Some mentioned that RCCL has the concierge but no butler. Well in Celebrity you get both, Michael's Club is now an exclusive lounge with a concierge for upper suites (starting with CS) and Zenith members (the equivalent to Pinacle) After April, suite guests will have an exclusive dinning room too and RS, PH and Reflection Suite will get free specialty restaurants, unlimited internet and the premium beverage package. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

PS.. if you are traveling with children the CS gives you more privacy. I also like that you can access the bathroom from the the bedroom and living room.

Edited by drarill

Don't know when you are cruising, but after April, Celebrity's suite perks are going to be much better than Royal's. Some mentioned that RCCL has the concierge but no butler. Well in Celebrity you get both, Michael's Club is now an exclusive lounge with a concierge for upper suites (starting with CS) and Zenith members (the equivalent to Pinacle) After April, suite guests will have an exclusive dinning room too and RS, PH and Reflection Suite will get free specialty restaurants, unlimited internet and the premium beverage package. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

PS.. if you are traveling with children the CS gives you more privacy. I also like that you can access the bathroom from the the bedroom and living room.

The cruise will just be DW and me, and it will be after April 2015 when they have the suite-only restaurant which Sky Suite guests qualifies. Drink package is also included as part of the 123Go All Inclusive.

The cruise will just be DW and me, and it will be after April 2015 when they have the suite-only restaurant which Sky Suite guests qualifies. Drink package is also included as part of the 123Go All Inclusive.

I'm sorry!! There is another thread on the Celebrity board comparing a CS with a GS!!! I agree with everyone else, the GS is better than the Sky Suite but trying the suite dining room is tempting!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think I am confused.....is the new suite perks for SS's or CS's? Usually a pretty big difference in price.

SS will have access to the new dining room for suite guests but not to Michael's Club. I think that a SS compares in size to a Jr suite in RCCL, but have better perks, including a butler.

Upper suites will have extremely good perks after April; like unlimited internet, premium beverage package and complimentary mini bar. We had the opportunity to enjoy Michael's Club on the Reflection last summer and it was great. A better experience for us, than any RCCL Concierge Lounge.