Reaching 4 stars in the Middle of a Cruise

wesport

I'm sure I know the answer to this, but does HAL recognize 4 star status when you reach it in the middle of the cruise, or do you have to wait until the next booking? Just curious, as I'm sure this happens to many Mariners.

You need to wait until the next cruise, unfortunately. But if you're on a long cruise, i.e. >17 to 21+ days, then it wouldn't hurt to ask at the front desk (even though the answer may likely be no). But the general policy is that your star status is upgraded after the end of the cruise you are on.

In 2013 we did a 21 day cruise. The couple staying in the cabin next to us had an argument with the concierges. Two days into the cruise they had the 500 days to become a 5 Star Mariner. And they kept saying that they were entitled to the 2 free Pinnacle dinners. The concierges kept explaining to them that their new status wouldn't take affect until their next cruise.

In 2013 we did a 21 day cruise. The couple staying in the cabin next to us had an argument with the concierges. Two days into the cruise they had the 500 days to become a 5 Star Mariner. And they kept saying that they were entitled to the 2 free Pinnacle dinners. The concierges kept explaining to them that their new status wouldn't take affect until their next cruise.

One would think that anyone with 500 days would know the rules :rolleyes:

Edited by taxmantoo

If it is that important.... say 2 days to go in the beginning of a cruise..... go off and do a five or seven cruise to get those stars.

Or make sure you spending is enough before you get off your previous cruise!