Help to find reasonable hotel near port in jan 2015

the col.

Please Help--We have not been to FLL port in a few years-and when I checked for prices at the La Quinta Inn near the airport, I was shocked. Is there anything around there where you can leave your car for a week free--and it is at a decent rate--thanks for your help--

Please Help--We have not been to FLL port in a few years-and when I checked for prices at the La Quinta Inn near the airport, I was shocked. Is there anything around there where you can leave your car for a week free--and it is at a decent rate--thanks for your help--

The Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road near the airport will let you leave your car for 21 days for free. Has a shuttle to and from the port for $8 pp.

After 21 days it is $3 per day. Will be leaving our car there during the Grand South America voyage in January.

Car is is watched by security.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

The Rodeway Inn and Suites Airport/Cruise Port off State Rd. 84, while not the Ritz, is a good value. Rooms start at @ 120.00, free continental breakfast, free parking for the week and a free shuttle service to and from the port. Easy drive to the port, just a few miles away.

Hope this helps. :):)

Sir-where did you find the 120.00 price for the roadway inn---I just looked it up and they now start at 196.00--could let me know how to locate that 120.00 price----we would take that for sure--the place looks just fine for 15 hours or so--thank you for your help---

Edited by the col.

Okay, here's what you do: type hotelnpark.com in your search engine, then enter . Go to cruise ports and enter. Go to Ft. Lauderdale and fill in dates enter. You'll get a list, their rates and what they offer. I think Rodeway has increased their prices by @ 30.00 from a month ago.

Let me know if this helps.:cool:

You have been given some good info by previous posters..

The main problem is January through Easter is peak season here in Florida, & the Hotel Rates tend to increase a lot during that time period..

Our kids are coming down between Christmas & New Years, another peak season, & the local Hotels in SW Fllorida have increased their rates at least by 50 % more than in off peak season.. We'll have 9 of them here & must put half of them in a Hotel..:)

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks for all of your input---they are all very high---so I think we will just leave Atl. Ga. very early AM and drive to the port (its about 9 hrs.) we will keep looking for a better price in the time we have until the cruise. If anyone sees a good deal please post it. Again thanks for of your help-----

Thanks for all of your input---they are all very high---so I think we will just leave Atl. Ga. very early AM and drive to the port (its about 9 hrs.) we will keep looking for a better price in the time we have until the cruise. If anyone sees a good deal please post it. Again thanks for of your help-----

The drive may be 9 hours normally, but what happens if you encounter an accident or road closures due to weather or even Car problems.. Weather in January can be terrible..

We've driven down from Long Island many times & several times encountered problems which increased our driving time by many hours & once by a full day..

You really are taking a chance driving to the port the same day.. We now live full time in S.W. Fla but still leave home around 8 A.M. & give ourselves the entire day for the three hour drive just in case.. Even then it's taking a chance.. Normally we are at the port by 11 but one time we had car problems with our new car, had to be towed & then rent another car to get to the port.. We finally made it, but that day we were a wreck.. Another time Alligator Alley was closed & we had to take the longer route across Florida..

Realize hotels are expensive, in peak season, but you have spent so much on a cruise, why take a chance on missing the ship..

Why not drive down the day before, stop somewhere around Ft. Pierce or Port St. Lucie & find a hotel with a better rate, then the next day you will only have a short 2 hr. drive to the port..

Check out the route on MapQuest: http://www.mapquest.com/#fca60790fe1043f0678d608f

There are so many smaller towns in Florida where you could stop for the night...

Just a suggestion, Good luck, hope it helps..

Edited by serendipity1499

You do not have to stay at the Fairfield Inn to take advantage of the parking. Go to http://www.onestopparking.com and pay your $3 per day and then use the shuttle to the port. There is no requirement to stay at the hotel. That way you can leave in the wee hours of the morning and drive the same day and not stay in a hotel.

terri

We live just south of Atlanta and drive to Ft. Pierce for the night and go to the port next day for cruise departure. Too many things could go wrong to cause us to miss the ship if driving in the same day. Much less stress!!

We also drive from Atlanta and one day driving can be taking a huge chance. Whether you take 75/10/95 or 75/FL Turnpike/95 or 75 all the way to Naples and then cross over the state at Naples on 75 Alligator Alley there is a big chance of missing the ship doing the whole drive in 1 day.. No matter which we choose there are often long traffic backups due to accidents and road construction which can last for hours and make one day driving a huge risk. We much prefer going 75 down the west coast to Naples, spending the night north of Naples and then going directly over to Ft Lauderdale out of Naples, but one day we don't do.