Oasis November 15 -- A Little Late, I Hope it was Worth the Wait!

Cindy

IMG_7907W-L.jpg

One of the ENORMOUS yachts docked near the hotel. I believe someone said you could charter the Cakewalk for $300,000 a week plus expenses!:eek:

We were docked across the pier from this yacht when we were in Nassau on Enchantment, earlier this year. Isn't it gorgeous?? We watched the guests and crew from our aft balcony until they left in the early evening.

• 2 months later...
After the Belly Flop competition, we had an afternoon of "typical" cruise activities. We went to trivia, watched the Flash Mob rehearse,

IMG_0768W-L.jpg

Flash Mob

relaxed on the suite sun deck,

IMG_0778W-L.jpg

Suite Sun Deck

IMG_0783W-L.jpg

View from the Suite Sun Deck

tried to go to the Martini class but were thwarted by chair hogs (yes, chair hogs in the Champagne Bar!), watched diving practice and the rock climbers from our balcony,

IMG_0754W-L.jpg

Dive Practice

IMG_9445W-L.jpg

Rock Climbing Wall next to our balcony.

went to Vintages,

IMG_0797W-L.jpg

Vintages

and finally ended the day at Chops with a group. This was our first time to have the much-maligned new menu, and we liked it…we certainly didn’t walk away hungry! Most of the food was good, but I did think our waiter was really pushing the extra cost items. My critical error was ordering the strip…it was awful! Stick to the filet unless you want one of the upcharge steaks! Everybody who had the filet was happy, but those of us who chose the strip left most of our steaks untouched.

I am so glad to see the shower on the suite sun deck!

I am so glad to see the shower on the suite sun deck!

I also thought the showers were a good idea, but thought a couple of whirlpools would had been a nice addition. The bartender told me that the original plan in dry dock called for whirlpools but they changed it to the showers instead

Wonderful photos and thank you for a well rounded, honest review. We're on Oasis the day after tomorrow and thanks to reviews like yours, we know we're going to have a fabulous time. I can't imagine anyone not having a great time on a cruise! And I may have to try your cucumber martini....I'm a martini lover but I haven't tried that one. Thanks again (and yes, there are some incredibly rude people here and there but they seem to be in the minority, thankfully). Thank you again, can't wait to board! We live in Miami so seeing your photos of Pier 66 and Pt Everglades made me feel right at home.