3rd time's the Charm

IRL_Joanie

It looks lovely. I have never tried ganache but do love things done up in phyllo. I don't have the patience to work with phyllo myself so I take the opportunity to try it when out. Next cruise-------- :)

Just a little information in order to make sure you get one of the abso freaking ly delicious and decadent Chocolate Purses (or 2:D)

Go to the Lido and ask to speak with one of the Pastry Chefs. Tell him you have heard about how great they are and ask if there is any way that you can have it for dinner one night.

What has happened for us is that I ask and the chef asks me what my MDR Table number is and what seating time. When I tell him that I eat in my stateroom they have it delivered, usually the next night.

They may look different depending upon the ship and the chef, but they are so good that how they look does not matter to me:D

The 2 we received on this last NA cruise was made by the Executive Pastry Chef who was on board with the new CEO, How awesome was that? :)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I wish they would put that chocolate purse back on the menu. It looks so good and I've never had the opportunity to try it. There are some other stinker desserts they should get rid of but don't.

It was offered one night on a cruise I took quite a while ago. To be as kind as possible it was disappointing. What we were served was NOT ganache in the phyllo :eek: The pseudo-chocolate-filling tasted like 1970s Jello Instant Chocolate pudding, and had a very chalky, gelatinous texture -- similar to 1970s Jello Instant Pudding. Gross. If it appears on another dessert menu that I see, I might order it, in the hope that the one I had previously was an enormous mistake, but I'd have a back-up selection in mind, too ;)

It was offered one night on a cruise I took quite a while ago. To be as kind as possible it was disappointing. What we were served was NOT ganache in the phyllo :eek: The pseudo-chocolate-filling tasted like 1970s Jello Instant Chocolate pudding, and had a very chalky, gelatinous texture -- similar to 1970s Jello Instant Pudding. Gross. If it appears on another dessert menu that I see, I might order it, in the hope that the one I had previously was an enormous mistake, but I'd have a back-up selection in mind, too ;)

The Chocolate Purses we have had were also on the disappointing side. It seemed that the chocolate was the same as in the chocolate croissants at breakfast: just a small piece of chocolate and a lot of pastry.

If the ships have improved on this, I'll be happy to try these again!