Complaint Against Norweigian Cruise Lines

Catalina56

Does anyone know how to get satisfaction from NCL when their Cruise Consultants lie to you. Contrary to what they tell you, they will not let me transfer my Escape reservation to my Travel Agent. I need a telephone number higher up the food chain. Many thanks.

Catalina56

Does anyone know how to get satisfaction from NCL when their Cruise Consultants lie to you. Contrary to what they tell you, they will not let me transfer my Escape reservation to my Travel Agent. I need a telephone number higher up the food chain. Many thanks.

Catalina56

When did you make the reservation?

There is a time limit for transferring a reservation (after the date it was made), and after that time, you can't make the transfer.

And I also think it can't be after the penalty period has begun, but I'm not quite as sure about the timing of that.

There is also a shorter time period (15 days, I think) and if one does transfer within the shorter time period, the PCC doesn't get credit for the reservation.

So the ideal thing is (in our minds) to make any transfer like that after the short window (so the PCC does get credit for the work s/he did for you), but before the later deadline, so that one can have the Travel Agent manage the reservation if that's what one prefers.

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple

Catalina56

You might first want to look up the criteria for transferring a reservation to a TA before you kick your complaint up the chain. If any one of the criteria are not met, not within 60 days of booking date, paid in full >24 hrs, after final payment date, etc., your request will not be honored.

Transfers are actually not handled by the PCC in any case, but by the Dispatch Department. You can contact them by an email to Dispatch@NCL.com or fax to 305-436-4148.

Catalina56

I am confused, as I am sure others are.

Did you book with NCL and ask if you can transfer to a TA?

What are the timelines in play here?

Why did you not book with the TA in the first place?

Why do you want to move your reservation?

Catalina56

from Ncl website

How can I transfer my reservation to my travel agent if I booked directly with Norwegian?

If your booking is not paid in full, you can transfer your reservation to a travel agency within 60 days from your booking date. Click here for additional information.

Guest Reservation Transfer FAQs

Q: Can a reservation be transferred to my agency of choice?

A: Yes up to 60 days from creation.

Q: If my reservation is paid in full can I still transfer it?

A: No, if the reservation has been paid in full for over 24 hours we are not able to accommodate a transfer.

Q: Can the request come from my travel agent?

A: No, the request must come from one of the guests on the reservation.

Q: Can the Currency be changed if payment has been applied to the reservation?

A: No, once a payment is made on a reservation we are unable to change the currency.

Q: Can I make a request to transfer my reservation to an agency if I’m within Final Payment Period but my reservation is not paid in Full?

A: No, transfer requests cannot be accommodated once you are in Final Payment Period.

Q: Can I submit the request for my friend traveling on the same Ship and Sailing Date?

A: No, requests can only be submitted by one of the guests on the reservation.

Q: Where do I send my request form to?

A: You can email or fax your completed request to the Dispatch Department at: email: dispatch@ncl.com Fax #: 305-436-4148

Q: How long does it take for transfer request to be completed?

A: All requests are processed in the order they were received. The request is processed within 48 to 72 business hours. The desk is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm EST

Q: Do I need to talk to my Travel Agent before I request a transfer?

A: We recommend you contact your travel agency first to make sure they can accommodate this request.

Q: I already made a reservation with a travel agency ,but I would like to transfer the reservation to a different agency. Can I make the request?

A: No, the agency with which you have your reservation must authorize Norwegian Cruise Line to release it to the new agency. You will need to work with your current travel agent to submit the transfer request.

Q: How many times can I request to transfer my reservation?

A: Reservations can only be transferred once.

Q: Does the Dispatch Department match rates from agencies?

A: No, Norwegian Cruise Like does not match prices that an agency is advertising.

Q: If the reservation was made through an agency and payment was applied with an Agency Credit Card or an Agency Check, can the reservation be transferred?

A: If payment was made using an Agency Credit Card or an Agency Check, the reservation cannot be transferred

To request a reservation transfer please download and fill out the form below.

Download Form PDF

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Reservation_Transfer_Form_072413.pdf

hope this will help you

I am confused, as I am sure others are.

Did you book with NCL and ask if you can transfer to a TA?

What are the timelines in play here?

Why did you not book with the TA in the first place?

Why do you want to move your reservation?

The OP can speak for themselves, but not confusing at all to me. I have done exactly the same when a good promotion came up and I quickly booked with NCL to get the cabin I wanted. I asked the PCC about transferring the booking if I was able to find a better deal through a TA. He explained the criteria and assured me that they do it all the time. I then had 60 days to search for a better deal and complete the transfer, keeping the cabin I wanted along with all the perks of the booking, with the TAs perks and pricing added.

I am actually unhappy with my PCC at Norwegian also. Its too late for me but I can assure you I am NEVER going to book directly with Norwegian again. We will see how the cruise goes now....

Trust me there are many of us here on CC that are and have been very happy with our PCC. We have had the same one since 2008 with no issues. There is also two sides to every story.

Trust me there are many of us here on CC that are and have been very happy with our PCC. We have had the same one since 2008 with no issues. There is also two sides to every story.

Agreed. Love my PCC and the service and knowledge she brings to the table. Will always book through her.

Though I donlt use a PCC, I know many do. For those who have had bad luck, remember there are always a few bad apples in a bushel. As for OPs problem, I have a hunch there is something she may not be realizing because you certainly can transfers a reservation.

As for OPs problem, I have a hunch there is something she may not be realizing because you certainly can transfers a reservation.
I'm guessing that the OP booked over 60 days ago, so it is no longer possible to transfer the reservation to a TA. They haven't come back to explain just how the cruise consultant "lied" about this.

I'm guessing that the OP booked over 60 days ago, so it is no longer possible to transfer the reservation to a TA. They haven't come back to explain just how the cruise consultant "lied" about this.

Go straight to the main man, ksheehan@ncl.com If you feel you are right

Why do people always want to just jump to the top of the food chain?

Especially if there is nothing being done wrong? Amazing when somebody does not like the rules, they trot out the bad customer service card.

(we do not know in this case, but as some have guessed, they may not be able to transfer - dems da rules)

Edited by garycarla

Catalina56

OP has not been back except to post this.

However more info is actually needed.

When did you book this cruise?

When did you try to transfer your cruise?

When is your cruise?

OP might have actually been told they could transfer when they booked the cruise.

OP might have waited to long to do so.

No one can guess and since the OP hasn't been back and we don't know the facts/details ....

Well, this thread is worthless and calling Jesus Christ himself won't matter.

There are rules in regard to transferring the cruise and no one knows the details in order to know if the rules have been met. Why someone would come here in the first place....post something like this and not return is also ridiculous.

Unless.....they know the rules have not been met, which is my guess!

Why and how people can suggest calling Kevin Sheehan or Tom or Bob or Sue without knowing the FACTS is ludicrous!

Harriet

Our first NCL cruise a few years back, we had a PCC who out and out lied to us (we were booking nine cabins). When I found out he couldn't deliver on the promises he made I did go up the food chain - no results. I don't believe I even got a reply. We transferred the reservations to a travel agent and each cabin got a bottle of wine and obc. It was a good deal for us. The transfer cost NCL over $3500 in commissions. It would have been MUCH cheaper for them to keep their promise.

Been on several NCL cruises since and have enjoyed each one. But will never use a PCC again. Don't let a bad PCC spoil your cruise. Just move on. As many have said, there's excellent PCC's - I'm just not willing to try again. But I'm not going to give up NCL - I enjoy them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first NCL cruise a few years back, we had a PCC who out and out lied to us (we were booking nine cabins). When I found out he couldn't deliver on the promises he made I did go up the food chain - no results. I don't believe I even got a reply. We transferred the reservations to a travel agent and each cabin got a bottle of wine and obc. It was a good deal for us. The transfer cost NCL over $3500 in commissions. It would have been MUCH cheaper for them to keep their promise.

Been on several NCL cruises since and have enjoyed each one. But will never use a PCC again. Don't let a bad PCC spoil your cruise. Just move on. As many have said, there's excellent PCC's - I'm just not willing to try again. But I'm not going to give up NCL - I enjoy them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But if you still sailed on NCL by transferring the reservation to a travel agent - How did hurt that NCL since the payments goes to them anyway? :confused:

But if you still sailed on NCL by transferring the reservation to a travel agent - How did hurt that NCL since the payments goes to them anyway? :confused:

They pay the TA a commission, so they keep less of what you pay if you book through a TA.

I'm sure there are good PCCs, but I will try to convince you why you should never use them. Short answer, you have no recourse if they screw you, which they will eventually. They are paid by the cruise line to defend their interest, not yours.

A travel agent works for you, and will go to bat for you if you get screwed, usually at no cost to you. Part of the small fee you pay for using them is for the insurance to cover anything that you book that you don't get. Plus, most TA's will work by e-mail which gives you a written record.

I love my TA. She's gotten me some great deals, always gets me upgrades if the price drops after final payment, and always seems to throw in some free extras. Find a good TA and never have travel problems again.

They pay the TA a commission, so they keep less of what you pay if you book through a TA.

I'm sure there are good PCCs, but I will try to convince you why you should never use them. Short answer, you have no recourse if they screw you, which they will eventually. They are paid by the cruise line to defend their interest, not yours.

A travel agent works for you, and will go to bat for you if you get screwed, usually at no cost to you. Part of the small fee you pay for using them is for the insurance to cover anything that you book that you don't get. Plus, most TA's will work by e-mail which gives you a written record.

I love my TA. She's gotten me some great deals, always gets me upgrades if the price drops after final payment, and always seems to throw in some free extras. Find a good TA and never have travel problems again.

I thought travel agents associated with them or whatever is the name of the official Cruise Line Association are paid separated commissions directly from the cruise lines and not through the actual booking since both pricing from the cruise line(s) and travel agent(s) are the same? Or I could be wrong...

I thought travel agents associated with them or whatever is the name of the official Cruise Line Association are paid separated commissions directly from the cruise lines and not through the actual booking since both pricing from the cruise line(s) and travel agent(s) are the same? Or I could be wrong...

No, PCCs are not paid commission but salary and some incentives instead. At least with NCL the company pockets some of the money they'd pay to a TA as commission.

(Or at least that's what I've read here on multiple occassions and when I still used a PCC, they told me that they wouldn't be personally hurt If I moved my reservation to a TA because they couldn't match TAs price, which I ultimately did.)

I too have had my PCC lie to me - and will not EVER book directly thru NCL again. The worst part is it makes NCL look bad and I am already starting my cruise with a bad taste in my mouth. I always thought it was better to book directly with the provider and eliminate the middle person and usually it was....but lesson learned.