Meet & Mingle, Regal, Jan 11?

TWA4Ever

This is a question I have shot off to Princess, but while I wait for their reply, I thought I'd ask here and actually get the right answer! Will be on Regal Jan 11, and there have been some questions asked on the Roll Call board in re a M&M.

According to the M&M section here on CC, "Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties will be held on all Princess Cruises sailings. Please check the daily activities program, called Princess Patters, for notification regarding the day, location and time of the event."

I have a full set of Patters from the Nov 9 sailing, and there was no mention of one. Can any of you fine folks tell me if Princess still gives this amenity to CC members?

If you contact Princess with the number of CC members attending they will try and setup a meeting place and time. You do all the leg work. I don't remember seeing anything in the Princess Patter. Don't think you want it posted. In the past it has been posted that non CC members have showed up thinking it was a place to complain.

I have a full set of Patters from the Nov 9 sailing, and there was no mention of one. Can any of you fine folks tell me if Princess still gives this amenity to CC members?

Princess will provide a location, probably Club 6, when contacted by a member of the Roll Call, providing there are about 20/25 people involved. This is coordinated through the CA home office. An officer/staff member(s) may attend if invited by the CC coordinator. A pay bar may or may not be open. A few times I've seen the ship (some department pays) arrange for some snacks, but this is the exception. All the work is done by the CC member in charge of the M&G. I have never seen a Meet & Great posted in the Princess Patter. You need to go to your Roll Call, to get the time and place.

Thank you all for your great replies! I shall set up the M&G myself (Princess gave me the email of someone in the group department). But you guys were, as usual, ahead of the cruise line with your answers! :D

The Princess contact will need the total in the group and date. They will assign the location (probably Club 6) based on availability and the time. If you can hold it around 11:00 am more officers may show up. They have meetings in the early afternoon. When on the Regal in Oct we made invitations for about 8-10 of the main officers and gave them to the Customer Servive Manager to hand out.

When I first joined CC before my third Princess cruise, I found the roll call area and started one for my cruise. I saw on another roll call the email address for the CD so I sent one asking if we can have a place reserved. In the meantime we had set up two M&G's on our own for the first couple of days. I got an email from the CD that he'll set up two for us, one on the way to Hawaii and one on the way back.

Didn't hear from him the first few days or so, and I left a message at the Passenger Services Desk. He did finally leave info as to time and place so I wrote out notes for all the roll callers that I had a cabin number for. There was a notice in the Patter. Someone on his staff showed up with a bottle of champagne for us to share.

I did go to a couple of the M&G's for the next cruise (I didn't have anything to do with the planning). On the next cruise, didn't go to the planned one, but later on ran into someone from the roll call (met her on the previous cruise) and she said that someone from the roll call did make a big deal about the lack of strawberries.