Upgrade fairy

Cruise Raider

I did take it but not for the free laundry or mini bar which I already get at the elite tier. I took it for breakfast at Sabitini and the double cruise credit to get me to the next tier for loyalty OBC because I'm at 30 cruises right now. Of course the extra space and lovely cabin didn't hurt LOL!

I hear you....I would be so spoiled, could probably never go back to 'the cave' again. hahaha

Actually, while we've never had a full suite, I would love to try it just once in my lifetime. Look at me getting all excited about getting an upgrade from an inside to an oceanview. I really did feel like that was an excellent upgrade. Can you imagine if we were ever upgraded to a suite....yowsa!

We received and accepted that upsell offer on the Golden Princess. We selected S709. It was fabulous!

The room was huge. Got two mini bars. Had a huge fruit bowl in the cabin. Two sliding glass doors with a huge balcony which had two loungers and a large table with chairs for eating outdoors.

Enjoy your suite. You going to be spoiled!

Look at me getting all excited about getting an upgrade from an inside to an oceanview. I really did feel like that was an excellent upgrade. Can you imagine if we were ever upgraded to a suite....yowsa!

There's a difference between an upgrade and an upsell. I think you got a great deal.

There's a difference between an upgrade and an upsell. I think you got a great deal.

Yes there is. We had already paid for a mini suite so it wasn't like going from an inside to a suite. It came to $499 PP PD which is still a bargain but not the $99 they are selling for in an inside cabin right now. Also noteworthy is that suites don't get the OBC the other categories are offered. All things considered I'm happy with the upsell, that's why I took it. OH BTW I did get to keep the $50 OBC from having booked and paid in full for the mini suite so that was a nice bonus.

Got a phone call just this morning .... my phone rang quite early in the morning, actually....just after 7 AM. I didn't recognize the number but thought just maybe it might be it might be Princess. Sure enough...it was.

Can you share with us any of the caller ID information so that we will know if we get a similar "unfamiliar call?

Can you share with us any of the caller ID information so that we will know if we get a similar "unfamiliar call?

Absolutely.....

The call came in on my cell phone -- cannot remember ever giving them my cell number but have been sailing with Princess for so long, must have just forgotten I gave it to them along the way.

The call was directly from Princess, not my TA, and it came up with 'Palmdale' on the caller ID name. I know that is down south but would have expected it to say 'Princess' or at least 'Santa Clarita'....then there would have been no doubt in my mind. It may have been someone calling from his home or personal phone. It was quite early ... not for me as I had just gotten to work. If I would have gotten in a bit later that day, I would have missed it as I don't answer my phone when I am driving.

I was rather suspicious at first -- checked my cruise personalizer and was pleasantly surprised -- the new room was listed. I think I may have mentioned that we didn't get all our mail / elite benefits in our room until we said something. There was not even a tag on the door so think our room steward was a bit hesitant to give us the things we were asking for. The Captains Club host and what would have been our steward seemed to make sure everything was taken care of once mentioned. We kept getting mail for the previous occupant that had to cancel at the last minute....I am assuming it may have had something to do with the weather they had on Friday before the cruise down in Southern Calif but could have been anything really.

Oh, absolutely....we did get an excellent deal. I loved the room they gave us and it was a steal since we sailed in a short coastal mini suite last year. They applied the cost of this to our room for a smoking deal. The upgrade was just icing!! Never have gotten an upsell call before....but may have to jump on it if the deal was right. I would be eating in Sabatini's every morning. We already get the free laundry so wouldn't do it for that .... but the extra room would sure be nice. Not complaining at all though....we just got the best upgrade ever and we were and are so very happy about it.

We are still waiting for our guarantee to be assigned on our 1/10 sailing on the Diamond out of Sydney. Do you think the longer it takes the better the cabin, or will we be sleeping on deck?

Yeah, mine was actually the day before sailing. Guarantees can be assigned anywhere from when you book to when you check in at the pier. Personally, I hate the suspense. I like to know there is another room that is available to book if I hate the room assignment.