LIVE from Silhouette and Eclipse. OUR HOLIDAY ADVENTURE!!! Dec 14 to Jan 4th

chicagopaul

The DJ with a sax is by the martini bar in the evenings and the house band soul has been playing in the atrium in the early evening. I wish they played just a bit more!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great review! I love reading reviews as it gets me through until I am back on board!

I wanted to quote the above, just to show, there are some who like the set-up and music levels as they currently are on S-Class ships, with bands in the atrium and hopping music at the Martini Bar. Different strokes for different folks!

I hope the rest of your cruise is great!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the great review! I love reading reviews as it gets me through until I am back on board!

I wanted to quote the above, just to show, there are some who like the set-up and music levels as they currently are on S-Class ships, with bands in the atrium and hopping music at the Martini Bar. Different strokes for different folks!

I hope the rest of your cruise is great!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We're just recently off the Reflection, and we loved the music.

Kelmac, just wanted to let you know that I called the extremely nice lady Domy Valdes today and she could not have been nicer and more helpful!! I will do a follow up phone call on the 2nd week of Jan. to her so she can e-mail the Maitre D again. A great many thanks for your help with this through Celebrity. We usually have no problems with RCCL and Carnival, as we are Diamond Plus (RCCL) and Diamond (Carnival). Thanks!!! John & Priscilla :) :)

chicagoPaul, I was wondering if when you board the Eclipse you could find out if the future cruise desk is open on embarkation day for future bookings. We will be boarding on Jan 4 and want to take advantage of the 123 all inclusive which expires on Jan 4 and combine it with the future cruise booking on board promo they offer. I would really appreciate it. Oh and by the way, I am really enjoying your posts! Continue having a great cruise! We can't wait! Thanks

chicagoPaul, I was wondering if when you board the Eclipse you could find out if the future cruise desk is open on embarkation day for future bookings. We will be boarding on Jan 4 and want to take advantage of the 123 all inclusive which expires on Jan 4 and combine it with the future cruise booking on board promo they offer. I would really appreciate it. Oh and by the way, I am really enjoying your posts! Continue having a great cruise! We can't wait! Thanks

Don't know if this will help, but we were in a similar situation on Summit -- needed to take advantage of an offer that expired the day we boarded. As soon as we were onboard, we stopped by the GR desk. They confirmed that the FCC would be open that day, and gave us the hours and location of his desk. We had our next cruise booked -- complete with the "All-In" promo -- before the muster drill even started! Good Luck! :cool:

Currently [at least a few weeks back], they had a "Cruise Now, Cruise Later" offer on board which combined the 123 offer with OBC for current cruise. It was available to us at a time when [as far as I was aware] there was no 123 offer current in the UK. I have just checked the flyer and no end date was given.

[And, yes, I am really enjoying this thread as well. [Apologies for the hi-jack but I just wanted to answer goldfish's question.]

Edited by Project_gal

So my previous post came from a little Internet cafe in Jamaica. Wow, was that an interesting "cafe." Everyone was nice there, but it was basically large folding tables for people to sit and eat or drink and use wifi. Cost was $5 for wifi and the connection was actually quite good. The port charges $10 for wifi. Lots of ship crew seemed to be using the wifi at the cafe as opposed to the port wifi.

So now I sit here, on 14, in the sun waiting for us to sail away from Jamaica. This will likely be posted tomorrow morning or afternoon in Labadee if Labadee has wifi. I'm hoping so! The Disney Magic is docked with us at the current time. She looks like a nice ship. Definitely well cared for. The copious amounts of children on board however would likely give me horrid nightmares.

A few items of note about the ship in general.

On sailing to Cozumel we did not notice the azipod issue. Looking from the aft of our balcony they looked identical. I believe this is because we were only going around 14kn to Cozumel? On our way to grand cayman though we were definitely at top speed and looking off the aft of the ship the difference in the azipod was definitely noticeable.

Temperature. The hallways, at least the cabin hallways are quite cold! But I guess better than the reverse right? The other common spaces of the ship are quite comfortable but slightly on the cool side. I always wear long sleeved dress shirts at night anyway so I've been comfortable.

We have noticed soot on our aft balcony (room 1411). After the first day they did power wash the balcony and I assume they might do the same tomorrow as more soot has become noir able again. This was expected with an aft balcony anyway.

The one thing I continue to always comment on whenever I travel Celebrity is the cleanliness of the common bathrooms. They are always spotless.

Sent from my iPad

So I am posting this from the sunset bar on the eclipse. We made it off the Silhouette in one piece. We met some absolutely wonderful people on that cruise and wish we could take them with us on here. Though I know we will have plenty of fun people to meet and mingle with on this cruise.

Debarkation was relatively painless. It took us a little while to get a cab which we needed to get to Miami. We needed to stop at a Walgreens to pick up a prescription (always is nice to have doctor best friends to call in scripts at 8am on a Sunday).

Embarkation on the Eclipse was great. We are in Aqua and when we arrived the line was moving quick and it was short. Once we finished, however, I noticed the line filled up. We made it just in time! ImageUploadedByForums1419182781.610657.jpg.7ffcdbf710fe577af4f2e451abf07f5e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1419182640.949421.jpg.940931040eb2956ce173f27469c16c86.jpg

So far we've met a couple people on the eclipse! What other questions ca I answer for you all? I will check to see if the future cruise sales is open and furthermore I will ask to see if they will be open on the 4th. We plan to visit them ourselves so I will get answers straight from them!

We are waiting for our rooms to be ready. It is a beautiful day here. Around 80degrees, sunny with a light breeze. Welcome to paradise aboard the celebrity Eclipse.

If you get a chance to take a pic of the room service menu, I'd appreciate it! :-)

Louise

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Will do! I think I will do a video walk through of it actually. Seems to be easier and reliable to upload these video links to youtube. Is everyone able to view them easily? Is the quality good?

Also I took the entire menu from the canyon ranch spa too so I will get that uploaded by the time we get back or once we get back. Thank you so much for following along!

Temperature. The hallways, at least the cabin hallways are quite cold! But I guess better than the reverse right? The other common spaces of the ship are quite comfortable but slightly on the cool side. I always wear long sleeved dress shirts at night anyway so I've been comfortable.

sailing on the NYE silhouette cruise coming up so good to know since I'm always cold.

great posts btw!

what were your general impressions of the weather in the ports? warm enough for tanks/shorts? or warm but breezy? can you feel humidity?

i'm definitely looking at weather reports for when we'll be there but it would be nice to hear an on the ground impression.

enjoy your next cruise :)

Will do! I think I will do a video walk through of it actually. Seems to be easier and reliable to upload these video links to youtube. Is everyone able to view them easily? Is the quality good?

Also I took the entire menu from the canyon ranch spa too so I will get that uploaded by the time we get back or once we get back. Thank you so much for following along!

Thanks that'd be great, enjoying your posts and videos so far!

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Thanks again for the great review.

If you try the TapTalk app, I've found I was able to upload large pictures very easily, and it usually works on slower internet onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks again for the great review.

If you try the TapTalk app, I've found I was able to upload large pictures very easily, and it usually works on slower internet onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna! I'm going to download it now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums