Bringing ice??

aqua blue me

Thanks everyone! Very simple answer I guess I never thought of going and taking the bucket to get ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

some people do not want to do that while on vacation.

Thats why room service-- free but should tip a dollar.

Or tell your steward to give you ice later before you goes off duty at 12:30-1pm

Will Carnival let you bring on a little ice in your cooler?

Simple answer NO!:) Last week the Security Guard even questioned why my collapsible cooler had what appeared to be a wet spot on it. It was a stain. Do Not bring ICE in the cooler, but you can fill it to the brim with water, soda, etc...

Sometimes it's around dinner before we see our room steward and my husband would like to be able to make a drink. Any experience with this? Thanks!

Since we always purchase at least one Fun Shop bottle, we always go to the buffet and fill a few cups each with ice and take it back to the cabin to use prior to the time we meet our cabin steward. :)

Once we meet our steward, we make it CLEAR, that the cooler should always be filled, during both his/hers morning and night shifts. Never had a problem. :)

Thanks everyone! Very simple answer I guess I never thought of going and taking the bucket to get ice.

If you mean "get ice out of an ice machine" NO, you can't do that.

If you mean "take your ice bucket to a bar", YES, you can do that.

Ice machines used to be a available to passengers but that was stopped a few years ago, probably because of sanitation issues (e.g. people using their hands instead of a scoop). Additionally some passengers would stuff their coolers full of ice leaving very little for others.

If you mean "get ice out of an ice machine" NO, you can't do that.

If you mean "take your ice bucket to a bar", YES, you can do that.

Ice machines used to be a available to passengers but that was stopped a few years ago, probably because of sanitation issues (e.g. people using their hands instead of a scoop). Additionally some passengers would stuff their coolers full of ice leaving very little for others.

There are ice machines in the lido dining area. I've filled gallon zip lock bags there several times.

There are ice machines in the lido dining area. I've filled gallon zip lock bags there several times.

You are right. I should have been a bit clearer in my post.

I meant the ice machines located on each deck in the cabin areas. At one time these ice machines were available to passengers, but for the reasons I mentioned they are now behind doors meant for crew only.

You are right. I should have been a bit clearer in my post.

I meant the ice machines located on each deck in the cabin areas. At one time these ice machines were available to passengers, but for the reasons I mentioned they are now behind doors meant for crew only.

I have been cruising since 2000 and never seen an ice machine that passengers can get ice from. (i am guessing with all the outbreaks of noro virus this is a good thing.) there are no soda machines either.

I have been cruising since 2000 and never seen an ice machine that passengers can get ice from. (i am guessing with all the outbreaks of noro virus this is a good thing.) there are no soda machines either.

Same here, been cruising since 1986 -- On all of the ships we've been on, they've been located in the steward's pantry.

(except the drink area in the lido)

You can't get ice for your tea, lemonade or water at lido buffet anymore?