Robes to and from Pool

Pointing out exactly how much of a waste of time this argument is and thread. I know you love these threads. Builds your post count :rolleyes:

I don't know how you know what I love. As far as I know we have never met. Working on your own post count tonight?

An you contributed what of value to the thread?

Thank you, this made me laugh. This thread is of no value, so anything said within would fall under that umbrella.

So when you folks run into someone in an elevator or passageway wearing a robe do you ask them if they are on their way to/from the pool and their cabin or do you follow them to see what they are up to before passing judgment?

No, First I ask them:

1. Do you remove tips?

2. What are you thoughts on dynamic dining?

3. Do you smoke on your balcony?

4. Do you leave your room service tray in the hall?

5. Word association: Carnival Cruise Line....GO!

6. Which do you use: Cabin Steward, cabin stewart, cabin boy, stateroom person

And the bonus essay question

7. If you saw me wearing shorts on formal night, would you

a. jump overboard

b. demand immediate OBC for yourself and your traveling party, FOR LIFE

c. ask me MY thoughts on dynamic dining

d. remove tips retroactively from every cruise you have ever been on

Please explain your response in paragraph form

Then I pass judgement, and spend $150 on an internet package so I can pass judgement before I even get off the ship.

Edited by twindaddy

Thank you, this made me laugh. This thread is of no value, so anything said within would fall under that umbrella.

No, First I ask them:

1. Do you remove tips?

2. What are you thoughts on dynamic dining?

3. Do you smoke on your balcony?

5. Word association: Carnival Cruise Line....GO!

And the bonus essay question

7. If you saw me wearing shorts on formal night, would you

a. jump overboard

b. demand immediate OBC for yourself and your traveling party, FOR LIFE

c. ask me MY thoughts on dynamic dining

d. remove tips retroactively from every cruise you have ever been on

Please explain your response in paragraph form

Then I pass judgement, and spend $150 on an internet package so I can pass judgement before I even get off the ship.

I can't stop :D:D:D:D:D

I can't stop :D:D:D:D:D

Me either! :p

Cruise critic is a train wreck that I cannot look away from, and very predictable. See the other thread about the person being late and missing the ship, I could just write the various responses before they came.

A question for all of my friends in robes... Has anyone ever had any problems getting a replacement clean robe during the cruise. Sometimes my robe gets a few food stains in the WJ.

Good point. What about the stains it gets on the pier, you know, when you wear it on a shore excursion.

I might be guilty of these 2, what is the correct answers?

I say Cabin Steward or Stateroom Attendant

I might be guilty of these 2, what is the correct answers?

I say Cabin Steward or Stateroom Attendant

Cabin Steward.

For the room service tray question, post a thread, get a bowl of popcorn, and watch the good times roll. Many will say call room service and put it outside, but many are passionate about not doing that.

How do you keep the robe dry with a wet bathing suit?

If you decided on the fly that you wanted to go in the hot tub at midnight and didn't have any pool towels handy, wouldn't the robe make sense? There's a time and place for everything, and taking the robe to the pool deck makes sense in that situation. No issues or judgment from me.

Cabin Steward.

For the room service tray question, post a thread, get a bowl of popcorn, and watch the good times roll. Many will say call room service and put it outside, but many are passionate about not doing that.

What are the passionate about doing instead? Leaving it in the room?

Wow...is all I have to say. It was an honest question.

Ok I will play. I wear a bathing suit and t shirt to the hot tub . In a bag is the robe. When I get in the tub I put my shirt in the bag and when I get out of the tub I wear the robe back to the room. At night it can get chilly on the pool deck when you get out of the hot tub so it is nice to be wearing a towel with sleeves. To dry it I hang it up in the bathroom. I'm not sure what sort of response you expected.

What's the consensus of wearing the RCCL robes to and from the pool area?

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think people need to worry more about themselves and less about others. If you want to cover up your swim wear between the pool and your cabin, do it.

It's not like you're planning on wearing a night gown or something like that. Your going from a pool where you are wet through a ship with cold air to your cabin.

I think people need to worry more about themselves and less about others. If you want to cover up your swim wear between the pool and your cabin, do it.

It's not like you're planning on wearing a night gown or something like that. Your going from a pool where you are wet through a ship with cold air to your cabin.

This is CC, not gonna happen.;)

Dont see how a robe can remain totally dry over a wet bathing suit. That was my point.

It can't. It's a giant towel. It's raison d'etre is to absorb water and dry the skin. I use it for its most practical intended purpose, not being a lazy schmuck wearing it to the buffet.

I wear two robes, when the inner one gets moist, I peel it off and just leave it wherever I might be, like a snake shedding its skin. Then I have a dry robe on.

Hmmm, a robe hogger I see. Best of all, you can leave it on the deck chair that you plan to use the next day.

Edited by Ocean Boy