Dec 21 Freedom of the Seas Schedule Change!

we were on that cruise, and we got a port fee credit for each person in our stateroom for missing cozumel. I don't expect any reimbursement, for I agree with the decision to save the life of a child. That cannot be replaced. It was still a great cruise vacation. :cool:

Royal knew the itinerary change BEFORE sailing and tried to cover it up. Now that the the cat is out of the bag they are being a bit more proactive about the next western sailing. Even if a child did not require medical attention you were bound to lose the same 8 hours of port time that the 12/21 cruise is set to lose; only difference being Royal is giving them OBC and gave 12/7 cruisers a stick in the eye.

$15 for each passenger on the Dec 21 sailing? Is that confirmed, I haven't received any notification yet. I was hoping for more than $15

The $15.00 they're referring to is the refund of the port charge for missing Cozumel. They haven't mentioned how much OBC the Dec 21 sailing will receive. There will be a letter in the stateroom.

The $15.00 they're referring to is the refund of the port charge for missing Cozumel. They haven't mentioned how much OBC the Dec 21 sailing will receive. There will be a letter in the stateroom.

Thank you for clarifying that, Ray. We have a balcony and a Promenade room booked, I hope the OBC can buy me another nice Christmas present! :D

This is just my opinion. I feel like RC could do ALOT on this HOLIDAY CRUISE. All they way around. They have know for weeks thst they was going to have to change this.

St.Martin 8 to 1 really.... this is a joke. They just wanna make sure we get there. So we don't miss a port. We should just miss it can't do nothing wit these times.

This is just my opinion though. Still will have a good time no matter what.

The $250 was for Interior and OV. Balcony and Jr. Suite received $450 and the full suites even more. In addition, we received a small refund of port charges and a future cruise credit equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid.

This was the FOS sailing on 11/30/14. Looks like Royal got less generous after our sailing. But with the prices paid for the upcoming holiday cruises, I expect to see big OBC given.

We loved FOTS and hope to sail her again, post-drydock.

Likely the reason for the larger OBC was because of the delay in Nassau to remove the propeller, and the complete itinerary change from Eastern to Western. Future cruises seem to be simply adjusted in port times. Not really itinerary changes as the ship is going to the originally booked ports.

But port times are often adjusted due to weather, delays, etc. It's in the cruise contract.

Likely the reason for the larger OBC was because of the delay in Nassau to remove the propeller, and the complete itinerary change from Eastern to Western. Future cruises seem to be simply adjusted in port times. Not really itinerary changes as the ship is going to the originally booked ports.

But port times are often adjusted due to weather, delays, etc. It's in the cruise contract.

Yes we know it's in the cruise contract but what many find frustrating is the lack of consistency by RCI in determining these OBC's that they have given out not only with these sailings of the Freedom but with other ships as well. Not too long ago people on the Allure received a OBC just for being 3 hours late.

It is a great gesture by RCI to issue these OBC's however a little consistency in their application would go a long way to keeping people happy.