Ulitmate Dining Package - can you repeat restaurants

mickeysgal

Great info in this thread. We opted not to get the UDP on our recent cruise because we didn't know much about how it worked. Now that we know that, and are more familiar with the specialty restaurants, we'll most likely get it next time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. I'm thinking we may just skip the package and dine as we go. Assuming they have a lot of regular places to eat. I need to study up!

If you go into your My NCL page, you will see the various specialty restaurants and sample menus. Here is the cost:

Cagney's = $30

Le Bistro = $20

Moderno = $20

Orchid Garden = $15

Teppenyaki = $25

If you go into your My NCL page, you will see the various specialty restaurants and sample menus. Here is the cost:

Cagney's = $30

Le Bistro = $20

Moderno = $20

Orchid Garden = $15

Teppenyaki = $25

Thank you for that info--it's not showing on my NCL page yet, still shows me on hold. I've just put the minimum payment down at this point, so maybe that's why.

Great info on UDP here for a newbie like me.

When can you make advance reservation for the restaurants (we have the UDP included as part of our package).

It's a 5 day coastal cruise and we'd like to try 5 of the specialties - one each night. Would prefer not to book onboard as choices of days/times may be more limited by then - would prefer to book them early.

Also, is the sushi restaurant included in this package as prices are per item rather than flat fee? Is sushi open for lunch?

TIA

So, to answer the questions regarding what's included and what's not, here is a quote from the NCL site: A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-day sailings are excluded. See FAQs and Terms & Conditions for more details.

And here's the site address for additional info you'll need/want to know.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#diningpackage

Enjoy

Great info on UDP here for a newbie like me.

When can you make advance reservation for the restaurants (we have the UDP included as part of our package).

It's a 5 day coastal cruise and we'd like to try 5 of the specialties - one each night. Would prefer not to book onboard as choices of days/times may be more limited by then - would prefer to book them early.

Also, is the sushi restaurant included in this package as prices are per item rather than flat fee? Is sushi open for lunch?

TIA

Sushi bar is al a carte and not included in the UDP but you do get a 20% doscount

Another tip--ask if any specialties are going to be open for lunch. We are just off the holiday cruise on the Pearl. Teppanyaki was open for lunch the last two sea days. Our UDP was honored so we had specialty lunch and dinner those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are children free?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I believe that children are charged at 1/2 the adult rate - once on board. If their reservations are made prior to boarding you are charged the full rate and then credited back the difference.

I do not believe there is an UDP that applies to the children.

Edited by happy cruzin

Are children free?

I bought the UDP for the adults and teenagers, but did not buy it for our 9 yr old or 6 yr old. They will probably eat from the Children's Menu (which is included in the price of the cruise) or if they do eat at the Specialty Restaurant - it will be at the Children's Pricing (which I believe is half-price).

My younger kids love the Children's Program... so they do not always join us at supper. We take them out to supper earlier, and enjoy a nice quiet meal while they are having a blast with their cruise friends.