Diamond Plus Achieved !

Amagamma

YEAH! It's official, website shows we are now Diamond Plus. A couple of questions: Do you automatically receive your new pin and luggage tags or do you have to request them? Just printed out set sail pass for our two January cruises and noticed it doesn't show Diamond Plus on luggage tags or set sail pass, should it show on there? So excited for our next two cruises on Enchantment and Explorer. Thanks for the help.

YEAH! It's official, website shows we are now Diamond Plus. A couple of questions: Do you automatically receive your new pin and luggage tags or do you have to request them? Just printed out set sail pass for our two January cruises and noticed it doesn't show Diamond Plus on luggage tags or set sail pass, should it show on there? So excited for our next two cruises on Enchantment and Explorer. Thanks for the help.

Our SetSail passes have showed "DP" in the past, but I've seen changes in the SetSail format, so I'm not sure they are still supposed to show the C&A level.

We automatically received the pins and luggage tags in the mail a few weeks after reaching DP.

As an added explanation, since this always brings up many questions here, the luggage tags mentioned are the "permanent" (ours lasted about 3 flights:rolleyes:) type you put your name and address on for air transportation. They are not the kind you get before each cruise with you stateroom number.

We reached Plus in October, luggage tags arrived in November says pins will be awarded on next sailing. Both of my January cruises have DP on the set sail printout

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew the luggage tags were the permanent ones, but wasn't sure how I got them. On our Liberty cruise this month, our set sail pass didn't show the Diamond status, and they moved us to a regular line, frustrating. Was hoping to not have to deal with this next month.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew the luggage tags were the permanent ones, but wasn't sure how I got them. On our Liberty cruise this month, our set sail pass didn't show the Diamond status, and they moved us to a regular line, frustrating. Was hoping to not have to deal with this next month.

It could be that if you ask Royal to re-issue your cruise docs, your new status might be reflected.

We have been Diamond Plus for some time now and with the increasingly larger number of D+ members we have sometimes found that the D+ line at check in was much longer than the lines for lower tier C&A members. With the new check in system for Quantum class vessels they have pretty much eliminated check in lines.

We reached Plus in October, luggage tags arrived in November says pins will be awarded on next sailing. Both of my January cruises have DP on the set sail printout

Hmmmm...we also reached D+ in October but have not received any luggage tags. I guess I'll have to give them a call!

To be on the safe side you should e mail C&A and request that the pins be in your room. We were on the inaugural of the Quantum and were due a glass block and I e mailed C&A and it was delivered. Really glad since I will never be back on that ship

• 2 weeks later...

We hit D+ in early November and have not received our tags. I know the pins should be on our next cruise on RCI in Nov, but I was hoping we'd get the luggage tags. Hopefully, it's because of the holidays, but we'll see.

We hit D+ in early November and have not received our tags. I know the pins should be on our next cruise on RCI in Nov, but I was hoping we'd get the luggage tags. Hopefully, it's because of the holidays, but we'll see.

Hopefully, they have made the luggage tags sturdier. One of ours broke off the first time we checked the bag for a flight. I took the others off and just have them as souvenirs now.

Hopefully, they have made the luggage tags sturdier. One of ours broke off the first time we checked the bag for a flight. I took the others off and just have them as souvenirs now.

Same here, the first time we used them they didn't make it to the cabin. So now the other 2 are souvenirs along with our D and D+ pins.:rolleyes:

Seems they sometimes don't like to give the pins out. I had to ask the Loyalty Ambassador for our Platinum pins on our first cruise after earning them. I half expect I'll have to do the same for our Emerald pins on our next cruise.

I don't really care about the pins for the status and don't plan to wear them, but I have a bad habit of being a pin collector (damn you Hard Rock Cafe), so if I earned a pin, I have to have it. :-)

Now I just need to figure out which box I packed the pins in when we moved...

ETA... I just found them.

Edited by nolesrule

Just be patient. I made D+ in 2012 and expect mine to arrive any day now:(

Thom

Ha, Ha! We don't have any either.

I was confused when we earned D+ as a note card came addressed only to my husband stating that he was officially welcomed to the D+ level and could expect to receive a pin on the next voyage.

I called C&A as I was concerned about not receiving the same notice.

It was explained to me that they always send it to the male. I did show the same points and benefits. Why? I make all of the plans! Ha, Ha!

Anyway, we did in fact both receive our D+ pins in our cabin (maybe night 2?) on our next voyage.

Edited by IWORK2CRUISE

Hit DP over Thanksgiving. Nothing yet. And my set sail passes stopped showing my status in early October for some reason. I just print an extra copy of my luggage tags, since they have the status. It is annoying though. I would call about it, because it's clearly a glitch, but then I have soooo much faith in Royal's IT department :)

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update, we got our D+ luggage tags in the last week or so (not sure what day since we had our mail held while we were gone 5-16 Feb). We got two envelopes, each addressed to one of us. It's been 3 months since we completed our cruise that made us D+. The note with it said our pins will be presented to us on our next cruise, which for us is Nov 30th on Vision.

Edited by BND