Question about internet

cruiseten

So we are planning to go to go on a cruise on a norweign ship soon and I have a question about the internet. I am aware that the internet is paid by the minute and minute packages and thus.

But I have a question about what is accessible on free internet. Like in carnival they let you visit the carnival page and the carnival forums. Reading an old thread here someone said NCL.com and yahoo news are accessible? Can anyone confirm that?

Like what pages are visible without the paid internet? Can I say login to my NCL account on board? And what other sites are available?

Yahoo is not one of the free sites. NCL is free as well as a ship position site, weather site and some misc maritime sites. Your acct can be seen through the free NCL iConcierge app. You log in to wifi to use the app but you don't need to connect / pay to be able to use it.

Your acct can be seen through the free NCL iConcierge app. You log in to wifi to use the app but you don't need to connect / pay to be able to use it.

iConcierge uses a separate WiFi network from the network that is used connecting to the internet.

Yahoo is not one of the free sites. NCL is free as well as a ship position site, weather site and some misc maritime sites. Your acct can be seen through the free NCL iConcierge app. You log in to wifi to use the app but you don't need to connect / pay to be able to use it.

And even on the NCL site you can't use all of it. Ask and answer is blocked, so about the only thing you can do for free is look for another cruise or book a cruise.

Hmm...But can I log into NCL.com? or iConcierge is the only way to log in? Ask and answers are on a different subdomain so I guess they only limit it to the www subdomain? login is under www so unless they limit POST it should work? But would like some confirmation if someone knows.

I was never able to actually get to the final page to book a cruise while on the Dawn last week, the timer symbol just kept spinning. I tried several times over two weeks....

Same here--Epic in Nov. I figured they wanted us to go to the cruise rewards desk to book. Since I didn't actually want to book, I didn't look into it. I don't remember even checking MyNCL.

Sent from my son's iPad using Tapatalk