Bermuda cruisers? Advice on this destination after their recent hurricane?

Rescuedogs2

We are considering, but like to cruise in April and understand its not as warm as the Carribean. Would be interested in hearing from others that have cruised to Bermuda about their experiences. Also, we would be going out of New York.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Bermuda on the Gem 10/30-11/6/11.....not as warm as maybe June or July, so I would think April is the Same. Go see St. George and have lunch at the Dock

If you plan on hiring a Guide to take you around Bermuda, find "Duke"!!!! I'll find his info...

This is my rescued 4 legged son...he will be cruising with us as my support therapy Dog in 15 and 16...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419575969.785629.jpg.04d9d0f54821c81798007fa7d1c88fd7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419575995.076175.jpg.cc11435f4ede3dffaae3abca2f853b03.jpg

Retired from solving other People's Problems

CWO-4 US Army Retired/Medical

NSDQ!!!

Edited by DrFootball

You'll find lots of good information on the Bermuda Board. We once visited Bermuda in late May, weather was cool, and somewhat rainy.

We were able to go to the beach on our last day. From that time on, we planned our cruises during early to mid June, when the beaches were more inviting. Not all schools were on summer break yet, thus fewer kids.

In the title of your post you asked about the recent hurricane. There's nothing to be concerned about in that regard. Bermuda was up and running in a couple of days. There was some roof and tree damage but not much more.

It's generally a bit too cool to swim in April.

Bermuda's climate in April is somewhat like Florida's in mid-winter. Not too bad in my opinion. Some folk say the water is cold. 70 degrees is not too bad to me. Palm trees and coral reefs, how cold can it be? Not like New Hampshire and Maine that time of year.

Bermuda is a lovely island. We've cruised there twice from Boston in mid-May. While the land temps were generally nice and warm - the water was NOT. If you don't mind the cool water when you plan to visit in April, not a problem. As others have stated, it's easy to get around--many options for public transportation. The multi-day passes are reasonably priced.

http://www.bermuda4u.com/essential/climate/sea-temperature/

This site should spread more light on ocean temps. Remember in April the sea temps will be coolest at the begining of the month and warmest at the end. The average temps would be the middle of the month. I know anything colder than 80 degrees is cold to my wife. I swim in the ocean when it is in the low 50's, yeah it feels like ice water. Can only take that for about 15 minutes then I turn blue.

Edited by NH Cruisers