Taxi - Miami Pier to FLL Airport

Beachcombers

Need advice on cost and length of time required for a taxi from the pier in Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport.

Are there any restrictions as to certain cabs being able to make that inter-city trip?

Many thanks

<html>dogpiano.gif</html>

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope somebody answers this soon. I heard that transfers through RCCL to FLL were over $30 per person. We were thinking of taking a cab but would like to know price as we could fly out of either FLL or Miama

• 1 month later...

Check out a one way car rental.

We used Alamo last year that had a pick up at the cruise pier and the one way (including drop fee) to FLL was $46. We were staying there overnight, so having the car was an extra bonus for less than the cost of any shuttle we could find.

A one way cab ride will be very expensive. You didnt say if your return flight is using FLL too.

We looked into a limo service. Depending on how many people in your party. We had 6 adults going roundtrip. It costs us a total of 33.00 per person which included tips. We were met at the airport at a set time. And they picked us up at the pier when we called to let them know what time our color will be called. Theypulled up out front as we were stepping off. We used http://www.larryslimo.com We got us a white stretch limo. If there are less in your party you wont need something as big--theydo offer town cars and stuff for a much cheaper rate. When inquiring about vehicles remember there will be luggage.

I dont like renting a car and dealing with the hassle of traffic and driving in a strange place when I dont know where I am going...then the hassle of getting it back to the office and taking the shuttle back for the cruise. I am on vacation and like the be as stress free as possible.

• 2 years later...

Hi we are sailing on Constellation on feb19/07. We were booked to fly into Fll but our carrier no longer flys into Fll so we had to fly into Miami and now need to transfer to the pier in Fll. My TA contacted Celebrity and a transfer which must be purchased prior to arrival (as they cannot be purchased at the Airport) are $50.us or $68 can rt per person from miami to port everglades pier. I am wondering if it is cheaper to cab it?;)

Hi we are sailing on Constellation on feb19/07. We were booked to fly into Fll but our carrier no longer flys into Fll so we had to fly into Miami and now need to transfer to the pier in Fll. My TA contacted Celebrity and a transfer which must be purchased prior to arrival (as they cannot be purchased at the Airport) are $50.us or $68 can rt per person from miami to port everglades pier. I am wondering if it is cheaper to cab it?;)

It will cost you about 75.00 one way to cab it.

Will cost you about the same for a car service-

use.. http://www.floridalimo.com for prices

If there are two of you traveling the roundtrip cruise transfers are more economical then the round trip cab fare. If there's three in your party it's comparable, four people a cab would be the better value.

//////

Need advice on cost and length of time required for a taxi from the pier in Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport.

Are there any restrictions as to certain cabs being able to make that inter-city trip?

Many thanks

The cab fare will be between $75-$85 for the 45-60 minute trip. There are no restrictions on the port cabs being able to make the trip. ;)

//////////

I liked using Park N Fly at Port Everglades. We used them last year and will again in December. They help you on and off the shuttle with your baggage. It is quicker through the Port Everglades security than waiting in line with all the passenger vehicles. (Not sure why) We were picked up promptly at the parking area and again when we returned. We did not have to call, the shuttle was waiting for us. It is also somewhat less expensive. Port is $12 a day, ParkNFly is $9. Also we reserve and pay in advance and are assured of a spot -- less driving around and looking. When we parked in the port lot a few years ago, we had one person wait with the bags while the other drove to the lot and parked. Same when we returned. I just found it easier to park in a smaller area. One drawback -- lot is not covered as it would be in a multi-story garage. Security is fine at ParkNFly -- always someone there and the lot is security fenced. (Go to http://www.parknfly.com and select Port Everglades.)

Archived