Getaway Vibe

saphir

Just got off the Getaway last weekend. The standard Vibe pass is $79 per person for the week. That gets you into the Vibe beach club and use of any of the standard loungers and sun beds - very comfy wicker adjustable beds with good cushioning. Includes a private bar for the Vibe and use of two hot tubs. It's for "adults only" - I think that is 18+.

Fruit skewers, smoothies and popsicles are served (free) at random times during the day by the bar staff.

A cabana can be reserved for $299 for the week, that includes the "entrance fee" for 2 people and you get a $100 credit to your account (supposedly for purchasing food at the Vibe club, but in reality it's just an OBC that is put on your shipboard account).

So bottom line is standard passes for 2 people for the week is $158, or passes and use of a private cabana for $199 (i.e., $299 minus $100 OBC). For me it's a no-brainer, go for the Cabana - if you are intending to use Vibe a lot.

HOWEVER, you do need to board the ship early - ideally be in boarding group 1. I got to the port at just after 10am and I managed to be the first person on the ship (after Haven and VIP guests), but the line up grew very fast.

Let me know if you need any other info, happy to help!

Not bookable before boarding - you will need to head to guest services as soon as you board to check for availability. Some people complained that it's not bookable, but to me it's the fairest way, if you invest the time in getting to the port early you earn the reward of the Vibe pass!

[sorry the website kicked me out before I could add this to the earlier posting!]

Edited by westcoasttech

Just got off the Getaway last weekend. The standard Vibe pass is $79 per person for the week. That gets you into the Vibe beach club and use of any of the standard loungers and sun beds - very comfy wicker adjustable beds with good cushioning. Includes a private bar for the Vibe and use of two hot tubs. It's for "adults only" - I think that is 18+.

Fruit skewers, smoothies and popsicles are served (free) at random times during the day by the bar staff.

A cabana can be reserved for $299 for the week, that includes the "entrance fee" for 2 people and you get a $100 credit to your account (supposedly for purchasing food at the Vibe club, but in reality it's just an OBC that is put on your shipboard account).

So bottom line is standard passes for 2 people for the week is $158, or passes and use of a private cabana for $199 (i.e., $299 minus $100 OBC). For me it's a no-brainer, go for the Cabana - if you are intending to use Vibe a lot.

HOWEVER, you do need to board the ship early - ideally be in boarding group 1. I got to the port at just after 10am and I managed to be the first person on the ship (after Haven and VIP guests), but the line up grew very fast.

Let me know if you need any other info, happy to help!

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
I think there are 80 passes sold and 8 cabanas. We loved the vibe, got to port at 9:30 and were in boarding group 1. People using cabanas said they like them but they got warm as there was not a lot of air flow.

There are 5 cabanas in the Getaway Vibe. We boarded just at the start of the "we're no longer using groups" period (I think we were group 20, otherwise) and we still managed to snag 3 passes to Vibe.

• 7 months later...

Will never sail again without a place like this. The staff are personable and they get to know you. I met the most amazing group of people and have made life long friends. As well as kept myself from getting irritated by someone's screaming kid :-)

ImageUploadedByForums1444075054.255226.jpg.fef957e0820a520b97be2fa723f8fea8.jpg

And yes the cabanas were way too hot in afternoon. But blocked the wind great during the hurricane.

You may need to stay on the staff about the fruit and towels. They are supposed to come around every 30 min with one or the other. But sometimes they don't-- don't be scared to ask. They will bring it right out!!