Appropriate gift for our Concierge...

Deatsch

[quote name='AussieVisi2r']Concierge is an officer. They cannot benefit from WOW cards. Give them to someone else.

But cash is good.

R[/quote]

Sorry but why tip an officer?
Ok lets just tip them all, they are part of the Guest services team so maybe they should all be tipped or at least those who help us.

[quote name='Missus Makkem']Sorry but why tip an officer?
Ok lets just tip them all, they are part of the Guest services team so maybe they should all be tipped or at least those who help us.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the specifics of how Concierges are paid. I do know that some years ago their pay was cut and they were expected to make up the difference in tips. That's why.

[quote name='yogimax']Are you sure? The Guest Services Manager is their boss. I would assume the GSM is a lower level officer, but not sure about the concierge.[/quote]
The GSM is usually a 3 stripe officer, a direct report to the Hotel Director.

I don't know if it helped or not but I sent a letter to Richard Fain, CEO of Royal Caribbean on behalf of my favorite Concierge explaining that we sailed a particular ship at least in part because of the Concierge on board. I did receive an acknowledgement of the correspondence and not long thereafter this person did receive a promotion to a more desirable RCI ship.

I'm not saying that my letter did it but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

This is of course in addition to a healthy tip for the service and friendliness provided during that cruise and prior cruises that we have enjoyed with this Concierge.

[quote name='critterchick']We get one each unless they've run out at the pier. Sometimes we have been able to get them onboard, sometimes not. I think they want us to use them to reward "the" best employee, which is hard when you have a great waitstaff and are sailing solo.[/QUOTE]

Hans Solo?

[quote name='chermilo']Cash and a WOW Card![/quote]
Sure wish we had been given those WOW cards on our November Indy cruise. We had the BEST cabin steward I think we've ever experienced. We were generous with him, and filled out the online post-cruise review & mentioned him personally (only after getting a link to the online review form here!) but sure wish we'd have had a WOW card for him. I guess because our cruise was a full ship charter, they didn't give them out - although that makes no sense since the service personnel were all there just as they'd be on any cruise!

[quote name='travelgoddess1']We do, too. We carry a card around with us and write names of the crew down to whom we want to give a positive comment on the survey. Now that the surveys are emailed, it's even harder to remember their names once we are off the ship.

.[/QUOTE]On our recent EX cruise, I had my phone at the dinner table and took a picture of the server card holder on the table with the names of the Waiter and Asst. Waiter. That worked well also.

[quote name='stones902']I don't know if it helped or not but I sent a letter to Richard Fain, CEO of Royal Caribbean on behalf of my favorite Concierge explaining that we sailed a particular ship at least in part because of the Concierge on board. I did receive an acknowledgement of the correspondence and not long thereafter this person did receive a promotion to a more desirable RCI ship.

I'm not saying that my letter did it but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

This is of course in addition to a healthy tip for the service and friendliness provided during that cruise and prior cruises that we have enjoyed with this Concierge.[/QUOTE]Good for you.