Appropriate gift for our Concierge...

Deatsch

What's everyone think?

Efren, our Concierge on Vision, has indicated he's giving us a dinner at Chops/Giovanni's.

We'd like to do something for him.

Ideas?

TIA,

Edited by Deatsch

I appreciate totally that cash is the preferred gift for crew, however in a case such as this if I gave cash I'd feel like I might as well have just paid for my speciality dining.

What's the different - cash to the person 'offering it' or cash to the restaurant directly ???

I appreciate totally that cash is the preferred gift for crew, however in a case such as this if I gave cash I'd feel like I might as well have just paid for my speciality dining.

What's the different - cash to the person 'offering it' or cash to the restaurant directly ???

None really. But I think inviting him to join you is a nice gesture. :)

I doubt he's actually paying for your dinner. He has probably been given a number of freebies to hand out to some of his favorite passengers. Maybe to create good will or maybe to fill up the restaurant. Personally I would respond with a hearty thank you and a personal message to the hotel director singing his praises. Maybe some extra tip money at the end of the cruise, it depends on whether or not you think he's still worth it by then.

Cash at the end of the cruise in the form of gratuity and a Wow card. The concierge gratuity can be added to your sea pass account at Guest Services or discreetly offered in an envelope, as cash, the last night of the cruise.

The concierge will see a list of gratuities charged to sea pass accounts before the last night cocktail hours. We have been thanked many times by different concierges on different ships using the sea pass charge method. They do know who gave via this method and how much.

In addition to cash a handwritten thank you note telling him the ways he has helped make your cruise even better would be an encouragement to him. Tell him what traits your appreciate in him, like his kindness, calmness, patience with so many people, etc. As I'm writing this I'm thinking this is what I should have written to him when we were onboard in Nov. He's a very nice man.

In addition to cash a handwritten thank you note telling him the ways he has helped make your cruise even better would be an encouragement to him. Tell him what traits your appreciate in him, like his kindness, calmness, patience with so many people, etc. As I'm writing this I'm thinking this is what I should have written to him when we were onboard in Nov. He's a very nice man.
You can always email him to thank him again. Link to GoogleDoc spreadsheet for Current Concierge thread, which we have been trying to keep current:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Green paper with pictures of dead presidents. ;)

But seriously.................

For some reason, there seems to be universal craving on cruise ships for peanut M&M's. I don't know what it is.

SO..............

Cash + Peanut M&M's.

:D

How much cash do you typically give the concierge? I am assuming we will ask him to make a couple of reservations and perhaps another task or two after showing up for morning coffee and evening cocktails.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

How much cash do you typically give the concierge? I am assuming we will ask him to make a couple of reservations and perhaps another task or two after showing up for morning coffee and evening cocktails.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Tipping is a personal matter. We usually tip the bar servers a few dollars nightly if we are there for evening cocktails.

The concierge, we have tipped $0 sometimes, if we never talked to them at all. Sometimes $20 to $50 or more depending on the services requested, and how much we interacted with them. Maybe how helpful they were, it depends on lots of stuff. :)