Radiance ... Giovanni's or chops

tdk

We leave on May 15th... And may 16th is our wedding anniversary and traveling with family that this will be serving as their honeymoon so were thinking chops. We normally don't spend the money at these venues. We were thinking chops but after reading reviews of chops lately maybe not worth it. For those that have eaten at both on this ship let me know your thoughts. I know chops is 35 so how much is Giovanni's ? Do they have specials like I have seen bogo on if you eat the first evening?

Thank you for the reply... It's also a little cheaper also ...correct? I just keep reading reviews how since changing the chops menu it hasn't been as good.

Yes, Giovanni's is less expensive. Open for lunch too. I agree with Grady, Giovanni's would be my choice.

• 5 weeks later...

We are going on the 15th May too!

We were recommended last year to book for the Murder Mystery dinner at Giovanni's, as they said the food is good there, but I can't see where you can book it in advance at the moment. Are we too early?

We didn't make it last year as had to fly home the day of the cruise as my Dad died. So we are making it this year instead. We had it booked last year.

All ships with specialty restaurants have the BOGO D+ special. You are now allowed to dine on night one or two, but will pay on night one. GT has a great filet if you are thinking about steak. And the other dishes are good too. GT is either $20 or $25 pp for dinner, depending on the ship, compared to Chops $35.

We leave on May 15th... And may 16th is our wedding anniversary and traveling with family that this will be serving as their honeymoon so were thinking chops. We normally don't spend the money at these venues. We were thinking chops but after reading reviews of chops lately maybe not worth it. For those that have eaten at both on this ship let me know your thoughts. I know chops is 35 so how much is Giovanni's ? Do they have specials like I have seen bogo on if you eat the first evening?

We will be debarking Radiance the day you are boarding - we likely won't see you that day but happy anniversary! We've done both Chops and Giovanni's on another RCI ship and agree with others that Giovanni's would be our choice (and will be on that cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver).