Aurora R427

TOMOGP

Right back today and my thoughts be interested in others,

Firstly i will not need reminding NOT to go on the 1st cruise after a refit apparently known as a "Work up cruise (I know there was a 2 day one.

Also let me stress that we went with 4 friends a party of 6 and have to say we had a good time and enjoyed it (especially Madeira NYE)

We heard so many moans (Chinese whispers) Ship yard said needed 4/5 weeks P & O said no 3.5 weeks for one.

Public record says £30 million spent where ? yes Horizon vast improvement new mattress's & new cabin furniture new carpets yes. The former beautiful library is now a farce squeezed in on deck 13 with the books double banked ( you have to pull one book out to see what's behind it) and I know there are a lot of Kindles about.

The much vaunted new sound system did not work ie some formal announcements came into the cabin Including an an Alpha call at 8.15 am and clear at 8.30 pointing out to reception that we couldn't get any announcements on our tv was told they know technical problems, on the lovely new tele's where fixed means you cannot get clear access to the cupboard above therefore making it awkward to use the safe.

There was no sound on the satellite tv showing the sport and the orchestra was so loud they over powered the singers, each time they set up a quiz in Champions they had difficulty switching over.

Sindu well I do not like Indian Food so do not go ther but 2 of our friends had a cabin on deck 10 above and had the smell of Curry in there cabin ( could even smell it on some of there clothes, a couple of times spread along deck 8.

Did not speak to anyone who had a good word to say about it, someone who claimed having 22 cruises on her cancelled 2 they had booked previously they were that disappointed.

I have posted elsewhere about the so called Christmas atmosphere & activities.

I can add more but have said enough

As said previously despite the above because there was a group of 6 of us all in our recycled teens ! we made our own fun & laughter and enjoyed it

Edited by TOMOGP

Oh dear - sounds like a lot of teething probs. Code Alpha calls always sound in every cabin though. It is a safety feature in case the doctor is in a cabin and they need to know he has heard the call.

Oh dear - sounds like a lot of teething probs. Code Alpha calls always sound in every cabin though. It is a safety feature in case the doctor is in a cabin and they need to know he has heard the call.

Appreciate that but no others came into the cabin.

I could write a book on the many silly other problems

We were on her and had a fab time. There were a few technical snags, but there always are. I thought the funniest one was being unable to release the mooring lines at La Coruna because of a "technical problem" with one of the winches. The Captain came on the tannoy and asked if anyone had a very large pair of scissors, so they could cut the line. At least he had a good sense of humour. We finally sailed about an hour late. We've not been on Aurora before, so cannot compare, but we thought she was a lovely ship.

Brian

We were on the two night shake down cruise straight after the refit and the biggest problem was slow main dining room service and not piping hot food. There were 40 of us and I can't recall a big problem other than the fact that the full bar menu had not been loaded onto the ship.

That said, we did not have a sea day as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picking upon your point about Sindhu....I don't like Indian food either. But I loved the food in Sindhu on Azura ! I had the most amazing piece of beef I have ever tasted. Can't remember what I had for a starter, or dessert now, but I throughly enjoyed the whole meal. It was nothing like the kind of " Indian" food you typically find in UK restaurants.

Well worth the cover charge IMHO.