Received luggage tags today

david_sobe

Sailing in an Aft Penthouse on Getaway January 31, 2015 and will be first time NCL. Booked 11 months ago.

Have not received letter or tags yet. :mad:

I am a big boy and can print my own but my rub is how you read about hit or miss when it comes to tags and letters. What makes it so hard to be consistent with a procedure? :confused:

I am sure if we were hit or miss at our jobs we would be held accountable!

First impressions so far of NCL is poor, we always sail suites and with other lines never feel neglected out of the box. :(

Just saying.

I've read on here before that if you live outside of the U.S., ( a lot of Canadians sail out of the ports I frequent ) they do not send you tags. I have no idea how accurate that info is, though. I never thought to ask any of my Canadian shipmates.

You get them after final payment. Its 46 days before my cruise. Its been 2 full years since my last NCL cruise and I notice some changes. I received the tags with the concierge letter. 2 years ago the pre-cruise concierge letter was sent separately. So it may be true they only send them out to suite guests. But the tags no longer say "priority" like the NCL suite tags used to say. I am guessing since everyone's luggage is loaded at once it may have been false advertising? ;)

I could care less about the tags. Ironically I printed out luggage tags with my boarding pass this morning. I came home today and the tags were in the mail. So I have 2 sets of tags ;) Its just a reminder on how soon the cruise is coming.

Thanks for the info. Where are you headed on your cruise next month?

In my travel docs there is a link to print the tags but we have not been assigned a cabin yet, so will wait until we get to the pier for tags. We are Canadian, booked through a TA ( Gate 1 Travel) but get our email and info directly from NCL. We sail in 24 days for the first time!

I live in the US and book directly through NCL and the last couple of times I've sailed in a suite (including for our upcoming Dawn cruise that leaves Sunday) we've never gotten tags or anything in the mail. Seems like it is hit or miss.

My hubs printed our luggage tags off last week at work, so we were doing the luggage tag dance, too! Sailing for the second time on the Epic in less than two weeks. It's a whole 4 degrees here in WI today, so needless to say, we are very much looking forward to cruising soon!

Happy cruising all!

Wooo hooo!

I know there is a single digit dance but is there a luggage tag dance? If so, I am doing it right now! I printed my boarding documents today too. After waiting over a year....it really is almost time to cruise :eek:

Simple and stupid thread I know but too excited to keep to myself :eek:

We know EXACTLY how you feel!!! We started our roll call with 494 days :eek:.

Most definitely did the "luggage tag" dance when ours arrived just before the Christmas. Arrival of the tags starts the final planning. For us now, it's ready....set.....GO!!! ;) :D