What's happened to the auctions??

I had a look at the auction site a few minutes ago and could not believe my eyes.

I won't mention names or anything but one of the current auctions has a bid of over $1351 for an inside cabin for 2 people on a cruise leaving 17 Jan.

It doesn't specific which category of interior cabin so I presume it is just a guarantee cabin.

The exact same company that runs the auction site also sells cruises online in the normal way and you can buy an interior cabin for 2 at $599 pp or a guarantee window cabin for $673 on this same cruise. Available right now, same time as the auction is in progress.

Extremely cheap price, mind you. But it pays people to check before bidding up the auctions too much.

Boy and I though I dd some dumb things at times.

Just received an email regarding the 3 night cruise I won earlier in the week.

They threw in $100 OBC. Thats a nice bonus to top off something we were already very happy with.

That's fantastic.

Just received an email regarding the 3 night cruise I won earlier in the week.

They threw in $100 OBC. Thats a nice bonus to top off something we were already very happy with.

Very nice.

Edited by The_Big_M

Those auction sales have been running for a while, whereas the special price only just changed. I imagine the bidders haven't checked the regular price since the beginning so hadn't realised the change (rather than just bidding up to begin with).

Many people only check once, as the question then becomes how often do you check...

Yes, I wondered if that could be the case. I had received a special email just the day before to alert me to the 'red hot special', which is why I looked.

I presume the price before that had been quite a bit dearer.

Wouldn't you be livid if you had been bidding away, only to find a few days later that the price had dropped dramatically and under your bid price!

It sounds as if the special did not last long in any case.

As for the person who won a 3 day cruise auction then had $100 OBC given to them-what excellent news!! That is great! So exciting when something like that happens to you.

• 3 weeks later...