Help with cabin selection - Emerald Princess

mjrich73

Right now we are booked on the Riviera deck, first 2 inside cabins forward. I don't mind being forward, but I am worried about being that far forward. They have other cabins (only $5 more pp) on Aloha, Baja and Caribe that are farther back. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on those options.

Thanks!

Edited by mjrich73

The closer you are to midship the less walking you have to do. There's a little more stability, and sometimes less noise. I had a forward cabin once that sounded like the anchor came right through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right now we are booked on the Riviera deck, first 2 inside cabins forward. I don't mind being forward, but I am worried about being that far forward. They have other cabins (only $5 more pp) on Aloha, Baja and Caribe that are farther back. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on those options.

Thanks!

For forward interior cabin my choice would be Baja deck where you have cabins above and below your cabin. I do think the aft interior cabins on Baja would have less movement than the forward ones, but you will feel the vibration of the thrusters when moving into and out of port. Just make certain you DON'T get a cabin adjacent to an elevator, for example B711 or B712

If you are booked on the first two inside cabins forward on the Riviera deck, you are right under the Lotus Spa. There's probably not a lot of sound from the spa itself, but there's probably residual sound from the adjacent fitness center. In fact, they restricted use of the treadmills before 8pm and after 6pm in the fitness center due to the noise in the cabins on the Riviera deck.

I would definitely choose to move further toward the center of the ship on either the Aloha, Baja or Caribe decks since you'll only have staterooms above and below you.

We loved our cabin on the Aloha deck on our cruise last month--very quiet!