Door decorations

I have been on a disney cruise and they decorate the stateroom doors. This will be my first time on a Royal Carribean cruise, do they do the same???

Some people decorate their doors.

We usually put something on our door to make it easier to find our cabin. A Christmas stocking or bow or just a door sign. Depends on the time of year. Don't put anything on the door you wouldn't want to lose. I was going to put a little puppet on our door once but our cabin attendant advised me not to. He was afraid someone would take it.

My trips are normally incentive trips. Our company has been decorating our doors for the last several years. There was a new piece added each day. One year I would go down our hall and turn them all upside down. Just for kicks. Keep in mind though I knew everyone I was doing it to also.

Sailing Independence over NYE next year! While we are traveling with my mom and sister's family, my dd would have also just graduated from college in December (a semester early :) ). I think I will do a New Years and Graduation theme!

Thank you!

When we sailed on July 4 we taped red white and blue stars on the main door. During other sailings we tape flip-flop cutouts and tropical flowers. The inside of the door gets magnets to hold important papers and reminders. Not many passengers decorate, but we think it's fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

Evie, I love all your XMAS decorations!!!!

My granddaughter will turn 5 on the first full day of our cruise and I want to decorate her door for that! I also thought I'd decorate my door so she and her 3 year old little brother could easily identify Nana's room!

Cheryl

We only decorate for special occasions like New Years Eve. Last year we did that, and the last night, after we took the decorations down, some of our hall neighbors told us that they really liked out decorations, and it was also how they found their cabins. One neighbor told us she had trouble that last night without our decorations being up, finding her cabin. :)

So go for it! Be forewarned, some of the decorations may "disappear" over night. Unfortunate, but there are always "jerks" everywhere.

We usually decorate our door for December cruises. Sometimes by the end of the cruise, half our decorations are gone. Other times we are lucky and find that kids played with them at night and we find them scattered all over the hall.:eek:

We use the puffy cling sticky things, and also usually get a magnet write on board at staples or the dollar store.

I put what we are doing for the day on our board and I love it when other people write us notes or draw pictures!

Those Christmas blankets sure were cute- what a fun idea!

Christmas 2013 on Serenade out of New Orleans we put a cardboard wreath on our door with a chalkboard banner. We wrote something different every day (i.e., "Think Snow" and "Go Seahawks") and all of our neighbors enjoyed reading it every morning.

On our April 2014 TA on Legend, there were 7 of us traveling with our cabins all in a row. We used magnetic white boards (from Dollar Tree) to let our friends know where we were during the day. After a few days, other people in our hall started writing us notes as well. It was a lot of fun to try and figure out who wrote the extra notes!