Need help choosing seattle hotel before cruise

We have a round trip Alaska cruise from Seattle booked for this summer. We are planning to fly to Seattle 3 nights before the cruise leaves, we have a late flight so I need information on hotels close to the airport for the first night. We want stay in Seattle for the last 2 nights we would like something reasonable priced. Also I do not know how far the cruise port is from the downtown area hotels. We have never been there before so any information you can give would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for any info you can give.

We are planning to fly to Seattle 3 nights before the cruise leaves, we have a late flight so I need information on hotels close to the airport for the first night.

For Seatac, my fav hotel is the Raddison... it's across the street! You could just walk there.

Edited by xlxo

Seattle hotels are high, so if you do find one that you consider affordable, I suggest that you go on and book it now.

There's a good transit system for getting around, so somewhere a bit out may well work for you. CC's sister site tripadvisor.com has good information on hotels and Seattle in general.

btw, We're staying at the Mayflower Park for a day in late July and another a week later and with tax it's hitting about $340/night.

Good luck.

Downtown hotels are quite expensive. The Space Needle area is a little less expensive, yet downtown is easily accessible via Monorail or a $10-cab ride, or walk. Look at Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Qualtiy Inn, Maxwell. Use expedia or something similar and seach Space Needle. Lake Union is another area to try ... Silver Cloud offers a free shuttle from the hotel to several tourist spots.

If you have points to use, all the major chains are represented downtown. The Mayflower is located next to the Light Rail station. If you can easily manage your luggage you can take the Light Rail from Seatac to the hotel for $3. Seattle is quite small; a taxi anywhere in town will only $10.

Or stay at a Seatac hotel for all 3 nights. The hotel shuttle will drop you off at the airport each day, and then take the Light Rail to downtown. It leaves every 7-10 minutes and takes 40 minnutes to reach the last stop which is Westlake Center. From Westlake you can walk 2-3 blocks to the Pike Place Market OR catch the monorail at Westlake to get to the Space Needle. If you stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express, they will transfer you from hotel to pier for $12pp. (Sleep Inn gets good reviews on this forum). If you'd rather go to the pier on your own schedule a cab will be about $50, or there's a flat rate cab service that charge about $35. http://www.eastsideforhire.com

http://seattleexpress.com/2901.html

Edited by mapleleaves

mapleleaves, you seem to know a lot. If I'm close to the monorail (Seattle Center) is it possible to take it to the end, get off and walk to Pier 91...with luggage and a 68 year old?

NO! The monorail is a short track; a 5 minute ride that only takes you from the Seattle Center to Westlake Center in the downtown core.

Pier 91 is 5-6 MILES north of downtown Seattle.

If your hotel is near the Seattle Center, a cab to pier 91 will only cost you about $15-$20.

Edited by mapleleaves

Last summer we stayed at the Warwick downtown...good location, close to monorail so you can get to the space needle and we walked to Pike Place Market...It is a little uphill but not bad, we did take a cab back to hotel. We stayed at Embassy Suites at the airport the night before our flight home. It has a good evening cocktail hour and breakfast in the am.

I have been looking for reasonably priced hotels for our May Alaska out of Seattle and found the currently-under-construction, opening March 12th Home2 Suites (by Hilton) hotel that's just a stone's throw from the airport. (Okay, short cab ride) and about 25-30min from Pier 91.

We needed 2 rooms since we're taking my folks with us and I have a food allergic kid - so I couldn't believe I could get 2 suites with kitchens for the same price as one room downtown. (For 1 night, $340 for 2 rooms taxes included) I'm willing to pay a bit more in cab fees to the port for the space. If you're going to stay for a few days, it might be a good option... But only if you're willing to cab up to the city.

http://home2suites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/washington/home2-suites-by-hilton-seattle-airport-SEAUKHT/index.html

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Since it was asked if the piers were within walking distance:

Maps showing the layout of downtown/Seattle Center to Pier 91 and Pier 66:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Smith-Cove-at-Pier-91/Pages/Maps.aspx

Info on the piers/terminals:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Smith-Cove-at-Pier-91/Pages/default.aspx

AND a great video shared with me today by another cruiser that tells you all about Pier 91:

Edited by MilliesMom

Last April we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites (Airport location). They are highly rated on TA and offer very reasonable rates ($150 AARP). The room was quiet and they started breakfast at 5am. Free large van shuttle every 30 minutes to and from airport. We are booked again 3 nights pre and 2 nights post for our Alaska cruise in May. Plan on using the shuttle to get to the rail to explore on the back side, but will be using a rental car while we use our City Pass to go to the main attractions (aquarium, zoo, flight museum, space needle and harbor tour) before cruising.

Since it was asked if the piers were within walking distance:

Maps showing the layout of downtown/Seattle Center to Pier 91 and Pier 66:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Smith-Cove-at-Pier-91/Pages/Maps.aspx

Info on the piers/terminals:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Smith-Cove-at-Pier-91/Pages/default.aspx

AND a great video shared with me today by another cruiser that tells you all about Pier 91:

Thank you for posting these links. They were very helpful! The last one especially since our flight back to Atlanta this June is not until later in the evening. Cruising to Alaska on the Jewel in June.