Boston Hotel with shuttle to airport & cruise terminal??

stooth

Any information on this location. Like to stay one night after our cruise.We have a early morning flight (9 am ) with Monday morning traffic how long to get to airport.

How about dining options. Rates are just to high in there city.

Looking at the Sheraton, but would like a lobster dinner so how far away from a nice lobster shack?

I also looked at the Best western Adams . Looks like its right on the water. Do the rooms have views? Any lobster close by?

Any information on this location. Like to stay one night after our cruise.We have a early morning flight (9 am ) with Monday morning traffic how long to get to airport.

How about dining options. Rates are just to high in there city.

Looking at the Sheraton, but would like a lobster dinner so how far away from a nice lobster shack?

I also looked at the Best western Adams . Looks like its right on the water. Do the rooms have views? Any lobster close by?

HIX dining options are Olive Garden, Applebees and Panera (nothing too exciting). Shopping includes Target, Home Depot, Marshalls There is even a supermarket called Stop and Shop. Although close to the airport, Monday morning traffic is brutal, personally I would take the "T", Red line to the Silver line to the Airport to avoid traffic jams. The hotel could give you a better sense of your airport options and times.

Best Western Adams is not on water, perhaps near a marsh. The nearest beach is Wollaston, a couple of miles away. It isn't a great beach, almost like an inlet of Boston Harbor. In past years it was polluted but I believe they have cleaned it up Marina Bay, mainly a luxury condo complex on the water has a couple of bars and restaurants and it can be a lot of fun in the summer. It isn't that far from Best Western with a car but is difficult to get to without a car.

Lobster rolls are everywhere and are very subjective. I prefer my rolls from Maine or Cape Cod. You can even get a decent lobster roll at our local supermarkets. When ordering I make sure that it is fresh not frozen with a little mayo and no fillers except celery.

Wolly Beach is about a mile walk from the hotel, but like bedfordmom said, it isn't a very nice beach. No decent lobster shacks for quite a ways from there.

If you're staying in Revere, you can easily get to Belle Isle Seafood, on the East Boston/Winthrop line. Under a mile from the Orient Heights "T" stop. Best lobster roll in the Boston area

Now that sounds promising. So guess I'll book Sheraton in Revere. I can always cancel if necessary

The rates are good for October 18 just need help from the hotel. I have no idea how to use the train system but always up for a challenge

It doesn't sound to difficult for a good lobster dinner

The Sheraton is 8 miles from Black Falcon Terminal and 3.5 miles from the airport. It is Northeast of the airport, so you don't have to deal with downtown Boston traffic or the tunnels to get there.

Cab could be pricey. If you can manage your luggage you have the option of taking the Silver Line Bus in front of the cruise terminal, going to World Trade Center, transferring over the tracks to the outbound Silver Line SL1 bus to the terminals at Logan where you can pick up the hotel shuttle.

Here is a casual restaurant located at 169 Squire Rd. so just down the road from Sheraton. Gets good reviews and they do deliver if you don't want to go out.

http://nicksbistrorevere.com/index.php

Here is Kelly's Roast Beef and well known in area. Everyone says the best lobster rolls. Clam chowder, hot dogs, etc.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kellys-roast-beef-revere?hrid=Yh_oXGhbtNTbLCk61Keiyw&utm_campaign=search_listing&utm_source=yahoo

Well Kelleys sold me. I did book Four Points Sheraton for after our cruise night . We will take a taxi to airport ( any idea how much $$$) the shuttle will pick us up there or maybe we will just take a taxi to hotel. Yes we will have lots of luggage so the bus/train makes me a little nervous. They also offer a free shuttle back to Logan in the morning for our 9am flight.

I should mention we are going on a road trip for 8 days prior to cruise. Going thru Woodstock ( Vermont then across the Kanc and down to the coast. Two nights each stop, and then two nights at the Hyatt Regency so after the cruise we won't need much excitement. We are getting to see the best of all.

Wow, nice trip pre-cruise! You will love VT, Kanc, etc. Scenery is nice. Hopefully you will see some foliage (probably won't tho).

It might be easier for you to just grab a taxi at the port to take you to Revere. Getting to the airport can be a hassle w/ traffic and you will be disembarking the ship in am. Take the free shuttle to the airport for your flights, you shouldn't have a problem getting there early enough for your flights.

I did a taxi fare finder Black Falcon cruise port to Sheraton Revere and fare will be around $28-29. It's about 6.6 miles. Not sure how accurate this figure is.

Hmm, think I have to convince my husband we need to go to Revere to try the lobster rolls. LOL As Bedford mom says, I prefer Maine lobster rolls also. Nothing any finer. Let us know how Kelleys lobster rolls are. Have a great cruise and trip north.

Nitemare, thanks for the Belle Isle info! I've bookmarked it. Didn't go today, it's too cold out! LOL

One of the reasons I mentioned Kelly's was because Jiffy Mom is staying at the Sheraton and doesn't have transportation so Kelly's was accessible to the hotel. How much further is it to Belle Isle from Sheraton?

Nitemare - lol glad u had a nice lunch at Belle Isle. Definitely going on my wish list and we may make the trip when weather gets better and we can walk the beaches too. LOL

Couple miles past the restaurant is Deer Island (yes, the sewage treatment plant) which is a great 2.5 mile walk surrounded by the outer harbor.

How far is Revere from Cruise port and Boston Logan? Sheraton has 179.00 rate when we need a room end of cruise we fly out the next morning October 18

We will want one last lobster dinner before we leave

By car, it's about 5 mi (10 min) from Revere to Logan Airport, and about 7 mi (15 minutes) to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Times can be much longer depending on traffic.

By public transit (the T), from Wonderland Station in Revere, it's about 30 minutes to Logan terminal B (by Blue Line, and then the free airport shuttle bus). From Revere to the cruise port by T is probably more than an hour; I wouldn't recommend it.

Debating some options - Serenade TA departing on 4/24. Flight on the day of the cruise is $440 but on 4/23 is $170 for two of us. Can I see something of Boston for the $270 diff - don't mind public transit and other cost saving measures. Have some Hilton points for a possible hotel out of town and renting a car seems cheap enough.

Hi Biker, you could get a decent priced hotel on 4/23.

I used Last Minute Travel to look up rooms as I have had good luck booking w/ them and have used them several times myself when we travel. http://www.lastminutetravel.com

Here are some of the current listings:

Doubletree Hotel Boston Downtown/Theatre) $259.00 K bed for 2, non smoke)

Hyatt Boston Harbor (Harborside Dr.Logan Airport) $262.00 (K bed) *

Hilton Boston Back Bay (Back Bay, 40 Dalton St.) $289.00

Hyatt Regency Boston (Theatre District/Downtown) $228.00

The Hyatt Boston Harbor does offer 24 hr. airport to hotel shuttle. Here's info:

http://bostonharbor.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/transportation.html

Perhaps someone may know if they will shuttle to cruise port. Good water taxi service for downtown.

These hotels are all available. This week is April Vacation Week here in N.E. so if you see something book it ASAP. The water taxi is a great way to get to cruise port as well as hotels and downtown.

http://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/water-taxi-from-logan-airport.html

* Rowes Wharf taxis stop at Rowes Wharf, next to the Boston Harbor Hotel and directly across the Greenway from Boston's Financial District. - See more at: http://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/boston-water-taxi.html#sthash.Qr4inlf2.dpuf

You don't need or want to rent a car in Boston!!!! Boston is compact so easily walkable.

Here's another website I found and Embassy Suites Boston is near the airport. People do stay there as there is free airport shuttle.

http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels_reservations/property/59270/

$237 special rate for April 23rd. They have a free breakfast included in rate. Also offer free shuttle to blue line MBTA busses into Boston. Gets good reviews.

These hotels are all excellent values as Boston is very expensive. I would suggest you fly in the day before your cruise as you never know what will happen. Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisingmimi

I vote for the Hyatt Regency Downtown. This hotel is right by the Downtown Crossing T stop which means....

You can get there for free from the airport on the Silver Line to South Station transferring via elevator to the Red Line direction Alewife one stop to Downtown Crossing.

You can easily get to Black Falson Terminal by essentially reversing the trip but instead of taking the SL1 Silver Line to the airport at South Station, you would take the SL2 to Black Falcon instead.

You will be in the middle of downtown Boston instead of at the airport. Boston Common is one block from this hotel. My husband works by the Doubletree and has stayed there. I have stayed at the Hyatt and much prefer that location.

Post back when you decide and we can give you more pointers like the secret way into the Hyatt.

Edited by 138east

I can get the Courtyard at $231 gov't rate. Is the SL1 really free?

The SL1 is really free. I just took it from the airport in December.

Please compare the Hyatt and the Courtyard closely including pulling up a detailed map. My husband has also stayed at the Courtyard for a snow emergency and he said it had no food service other than takeout. He didn't feel it was like the usual Courtyard accommodations that you get elsewhere because it is a remodeled older hotel. That area of Tremont Street is less appealing. You have to switch to the Orange Line to get to the Courtyard and that is tricky at Downtown Crossing as is getting out of the Orange Line with luggage.

To get to the Hyatt you get off at Downtown Crossing. Somewhere near the middle of the northbound platform you can access an exit that has an escalator up to the street which I believe is Hawley Street. You follow the traffic direction back to Summer St, make a left, and walk along the front of Macy's to Chauncey St where you make a right. Just down Chauncey Street near Bedford Street there is a parking garage entrance on the right which leads into the lower lobby entrance if the Hyatt. This saves walking around the large block to get to the Avenue de Lafayette entrance.

Hello folks!

We are looking at a hotel room for one night in October for our repositioning cruise on the Dawn. We will be arriving via Amtrack a day before the cruise. Narrowed down the search to Best Western Adam's Inn ($149)and Holiday Inn Express on 69 Boston Rd ($156). Is one any better than the other? Are taxis easily available at the station andany idea how much it would cost to get to the HIX. I am slightly inclining to go with that one but thought I'd ask for other cruisers opinions.

**I narrowed it down with respect to distance from cruise port, price, free shuttle to cruise port, free breakfast, proximity to pre crusie stores. Have been to downtown Boston and seen everything so not interested to go into town this time.

Thanks

We are also on the same cruise. We originally were coming in by Amtrak but found out that the Lake Shore Limited is always anywhere from 5-9 hours late getting into Boston. We are coming from the Rochester, NY, area and have decided to take the Greyhound Bus instead, since they run pretty much on time. If you are planning on using that train into Boston, please be warned. When you come into Boston, either by train or bus, you end up at the South Station in Boston which is closest to the HIX. We are staying at the HIX. I think there are about 4 couples staying there so far who are headed for the same cruise. We will be returning home, after the cruise, by Amtrak out of Tampa. That train runs pretty much on time or early every day. Hope it works out that way for us. Other posts have said that there are always taxis at the South Station when the trains and buses arrive.

We are also on the same cruise. We originally were coming in by Amtrak but found out that the Lake Shore Limited is always anywhere from 5-9 hours late getting into Boston. We are coming from the Rochester, NY, area and have decided to take the Greyhound Bus instead, since they run pretty much on time. If you are planning on using that train into Boston, please be warned. When you come into Boston, either by train or bus, you end up at the South Station in Boston which is closest to the HIX. We are staying at the HIX. I think there are about 4 couples staying there so far who are headed for the same cruise. We will be returning home, after the cruise, by Amtrak out of Tampa. That train runs pretty much on time or early every day. Hope it works out that way for us. Other posts have said that there are always taxis at the South Station when the trains and buses arrive.

Hi

We will be coming from New Jersey. Our 10/30/15 repo cruise ends in New Orleans .