Kevin Sheehan Resigns

trfccruiser

Hi Judy, We meet you last year on the Dawn Oct 31st to Nov 7th. Such a pleasure meeting you. We went Labor Day weekend this year and going again next Friday. I'm hoping things will be correct. After this cruise we will be on the Pearl. The Escape looks exciting, and want to book, but I'm gonna wait and see how service is after this cruise.

Hope your doing well :D

Hi Kim,

Nice to catch up.

Don’t you just love the DAWN?

It is still a favorite and I love the officers and crew.

Alaine (HD) is top notch.

Say Hi for me to the Dawn folks.

Do you know Mickie? Restaurant Manager.

She is awesome too.

Enjoy your cruise!

We leave tomorrow (Sunday) for a B2B2B. First is Windstar Surf (sailboat) from Rome to Venice, then the JADE from Venice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Houston (home) for us.) We have not cruised since last December, so it was time to catch up!

I’d like to try the Escape, but it seems so big.

I think we need to go for it though.

Maybe we’ll catch up again one of these days.

Judy

Hi Kim,

Nice to catch up.

Don’t you just love the DAWN?

It is still a favorite and I love the officers and crew.

Alaine (HD) is top notch.

Say Hi for me to the Dawn folks.

Do you know Mickie? Restaurant Manager.

She is awesome too.

Enjoy your cruise!

We leave tomorrow (Sunday) for a B2B2B. First is Windstar Surf (sailboat) from Rome to Venice, then the JADE from Venice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Houston (home) for us.) We have not cruised since last December, so it was time to catch up!

I’d like to try the Escape, but it seems so big.

I think we need to go for it though.

Maybe we’ll catch up again one of these days.

Judy

Have a great time

I agree.

I feel like we are being nickeled an dimed.

I see these execs sitting at a big table brainstorming......

Who can think of the best way to hit the passengers with little added fees?

Raise the price here, raise the price there....raise it again...AND the cruises are more expensive.

They have to be saving a bundle with the cost of oil and I do not see them passing it along....

Kevin, I wish you were here........

When I crunch the numbers for the regular trips trips we look at(Transatlantics and a winter Med) out the bottom drops the Door to Door cost that will not be in my pocket at the end of the trip.

Cruise, flights, parking/transfers, on board spends.

Guess what still cheaper than I would have paid a couple of years ago and very close to this years ultra cheap winter med trip.

OK anoying the individual numbers keep changing but the bit that really matters is the total and that not budging much at all.

Where the fares have gone up the increase is less than we would spend on beverages anyway, conveniently in the UK free means free no add on 18%.

After all these changes with NCL, Do you still feel this new CEO is doing a better job? Gratuities went from $12.00 in Jan to $12.95 to $13.50 within 9 months. Specialty restaurants went up and already add there 18% tip, drinks 15% each drink for tip. Now I know NCL pays these workers next to nothing and I always pay extra, but I feel like it should be my decision to tip and how much not the cruise line. Sadly, we usually tip more than NCL and the staff still gets less money. Our steward, who always is good, we slip him a little for himself because he does all the work. Except our last cruise. We had a woman steward, and she was terrible. My hubby didn't want to tip her at all, but we only gave her half of what we have given past stewards. She might have a sick husband or kids we don't know her story, maybe she's new. We cruise again next month same cabin. If we get the same steward, I'm going to request you delete my gratitude or give me another steward. We prepaid everything and choice the UBP but once we signed in when they took our picture, we were told we would have to go to the front desk to get it corrected. They also charged us a $13.50 service fee daily when we prepaid in Jan when the rate was still $12.00. We didn't want to go over our credit limit so we had to cancel our dinner at a special restaurant because of these $13.50 times 7 days times 2 and if you don't give the restaurant 24 hours notice, they still charge you. Kevin Sheehan was a great leader.

If the cabin steward was that bad, we wouldnt give her anything extra. Just her portion of the DSC. You could also write a negative comment card about her. NCL uses these comment cards to determine who gets raises, promotions, or not.

We never had a poor cabin steward so far. They always do a great job, and work very hard long hours.

They also charged us a $13.50 service fee daily when we prepaid in Jan when the rate was still $12.00.

Here's the part if I don't get. If the service charges were truly pre-paid, then they shouldn't have been charging them at all on the ship. If you pre-paid them and got charged on the ship, you were double charged and should be pursuing a refund. :eek: