Maasdam made for a great vacation Montreal to Boston last August.

don2738

Awsome - one of the best travelogues I have ever seen!!! Thanks for sharing your comments. photos and videos. We did this same cruise a few years ago and now want to do it again, thanks to your great review. In fact, we may do the Canada-New England cruise as our annual Summer Adventure with our granddaughters next year. Thanks again for re-kindling the memories.

Rod

Thank you for the great review. Is the airport in Montreal close to the cruise terminal? We are looking into the 7 day Montreal to Boston which requires flying there from Richmond VA and can get a flight that would get us in around 10:00. Are there any convenient wine stores around either terminals? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

Thanks for sharing your impressions and your photos. I'll be traveling the opposite direction in just under five months. It's nice to have some information to help with planning. As I'm traveling with my niece, who will be just shy of her 18th birthday, I'm curious how your younger traveling companion fared on the cruise?

Thanks again. :)

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Sea Belle,

Here is a link to a google map from Montreal's airport to the pier:

YUL to pier

Not far, a fairly quick cab ride. If possible arrive a day or two before and see the Botanical Gardens or whatever interests you.

Cruiser Bruiser,

My daughter is 23 but really easy to entertain. She did take some dance classes and went to a young person's type movie. She also went to the pool and gym sometimes when I did other things. In Bar Harbor I went to shore while she slept in, but we met later. I guess there isn't a whole lot aimed at your niece's age group, but on the other hand you can pretty much let her do as she pleases as long as she's back on board. All the ports seemed safe. The first time we ever visited Halifax my daughter was on a mission to see Titanic artifacts, and the rows of graves made it very real (and not just a historical story or movie.) The Maritime museum is a pleasant walk from the ship, has some recognizable pieces of the Titanic's stairs, just like where Jack met Rose. If she happens to have taken any French in school then she'll get to try that out this trip too. There was wireless in most ports so she can email her friends if she is having text message withdrawal. My girls always liked the formal night dressing up, and the photo's by the ship photographers. But it won't be a cruise with poolside games and things she may have heard about from her friends who may have been on rowdier cruise lines. Keep your eye out for similar aged young people of course. Good luck

Thanks for your great pictures and review! I am really anxious to do this cruise someday, as it's an easy one from home (we live in Albany, NY... straight shot between Montreal and Boston) and I'd love to see the maritime provinces. I cruised the Maasdam years ago in the Caribbean. Would love to be on her again. :) Someday.

Thanks for your great pictures and review! I am really anxious to do this cruise someday, as it's an easy one from home (we live in Albany, NY... straight shot between Montreal and Boston) and I'd love to see the maritime provinces. I cruised the Maasdam years ago in the Caribbean. Would love to be on her again. :) Someday.
I am so envious! You could take the Amtrak Adirondack train and be in Montreal in just hours.

Thank you for the great review. Is the airport in Montreal close to the cruise terminal? We are looking into the 7 day Montreal to Boston which requires flying there from Richmond VA and can get a flight that would get us in around 10:00. Are there any convenient wine stores around either terminals? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

You can get wine a 15 minutes walk from the Iberville Cruise Ship Terminal at the SAQ (Societes des Alcools du Quebec) close to the Cathedral. The address: 510, Place d 'Armes.

Besides the duty free for outbound passengers, I checked there doesn't seem to be a SAQ at the airport.

You can get wine a 15 minutes walk from the Iberville Cruise Ship Terminal at the SAQ (Societes des Alcools du Quebec) close to the Cathedral. The address: 510, Place d 'Armes.

Besides the duty free for outbound passengers, I checked there doesn't seem to be a SAQ at the airport.

Is it open on Saturday? That is the day Maasdam will sail from Montreal.

wow,, that was fantastic to see my MAASY like that,, its been 16 yrs. since I made my first trans Atlantic on her and it changed my life,, since then iv been on another 11 HAL cruises, but you never forget your first luv

Is it open on Saturday? That is the day Maasdam will sail from Montreal.

Yes it is. Here is the link with the opening hours. You can even take a look at which bottles they sell.

Enjoy:

http://www.saq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SAQStoreLocatorSearchResultsStoreDetailsView?storeLocationId=10225&catalogId=50000&langId=-1&storeIdentifier=23329&storeId=20002&&pageSize=10&orderBy=3&postalCode=H2Y1J3&maxDistance=2.069745101729906

:)