Pre Cruise Long Beach CA

cbabe

Hi I live here in the Long Beach area and I agree , the Coast is a nice place to stay pre cruise. If you can you should try to fly into Long Beach Airport, so much nicer than busy LAX, but it has a limited amount of flights. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Thanks Cori,

I'm already booked into LAX. I found that it is a lot less expensive for us to fly into LAX. I figured that we could get a cab from the airport, if my DH's son couldn't pick us up. From what I understand, LAX and Long Beach are not that far apart.

Hi:) we are staying at the Hilton in Long Beach (freebie for us:D )

I will be glad to let you know about the hotel upon our return though!

6 weeks from TODAY I will be flying to LAX:D

Hi:) we are staying at the Hilton in Long Beach (freebie for us:D )

I will be glad to let you know about the hotel upon our return though!

6 weeks from TODAY I will be flying to LAX:D

Oh, please do!

All nice and good hotel choices you've made.

For future trips, always try to fly into Long Beach if possible (American, Jet Blue, America West and probably more airlines that don't come to mind all fly there). It is so much easier than LAX! Also, should anyone fly into LAX and want to chose a hotel close to LAX you will feel somewhat hotel bound....nothing nice or close to walk to. You'd need to depend on a taxi or rent a car to go places. If you want to stay close to LAX but still be able to walk around to shops and restaurants than I'd suggest the nice beach town of Manhattan Beach which is only a 5 minute taxi ride from LAX.

I can't think of a better place to spend a pre-cruise, and get into the spirit of the vacation, than on a ship. If I were sailing out of Long Beach, I would pay the extra and stay on the Queen Mary. About the only way to sleep any closer to where your ship will be is to sleep on the sidewalk outside the terminal LOL.

I looked into it even though we are sailing from San Pedro, but it was fully booked already. But since we don't land at LAX until almost 10pm, it doesn't matter that much anyway.

• 1 month later...

We stay at the Best Western Sunrise right across from the port and it is clean and for about 140.00 you get a room, breakfast, parking for the entire cruise and transportation to and from the port! We have stayed here before and will again in December! It is worth the price for convenience and the staff is very nice!

mindy

Archived