Is food really that "subjective"?

pingpong1

wripro, perhaps the reason is that food is an area in which Regent consistently receives negative comments. Also, this disclaimer may be necessary to prevent those Regent lawyers who monitor CC from coming after you for putting Regent in a bad light.

Must disagree regarding the use of the term "food is subjective". There have been repetitive comments about posts that sound as if they are stating facts rather than their opinion. Actually, what most people state are their facts - based on their experience. If we start making statements about the quality of the food without adding a comment about the subjectivity of food, some posters will take the opinion as gospel. For instance, coffee is bad on Regent ......... food is better on Oceania .......... Mexican food on Regent isn't good etc.

Thankfully, what is being expressed on this thread are opinions and everyone can continue to post their "facts" or "opinions" in a way they feel comfortable. The subject of food is of particular interest to me at the moment as I plan on really looking into the food onboard the Mariner in April (pictures, reviews, etc.)

This is great, Jackie -- I am really looking forward to reading what you have to say about the food on the Mariner. Please report things like you did last year on the Riviera... you did a great job. (Photos too...!)

I will be on the Riviera starting 1 April and will probably post too. But what I say will be my opinion/feeling/impression. What else? (OK - I stole that line. Thank you George --- "Nespresso - what else??"

Gerry

This is great, Jackie -- I am really looking forward to reading what you have to say about the food on the Mariner. Please report things like you did last year on the Riviera... you did a great job. (Photos too...!)

I will be on the Riviera starting 1 April and will probably post too. But what I say will be my opinion/feeling/impression. What else? (OK - I stole that line. Thank you George --- "Nespresso - what else??"

Gerry

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our postings from the Riviera (computerworks is great to partner with when putting together interesting photos along with commentary). I will be just as honest in my opinions of the food on the Mariner as I was the food on the Riviera. This will be the first time that I've put Regent food under scrutiny -- it should be interesting:-)

So you will be going to Barcelona as well. We leave from Rio on April 2nd. IMO, sea days present some challenges in terms of fresh fruit and vegetables. My DH is very aware when the quality or array fresh food is less than normal. I'm particularly interested in seeing the actual containers of coffee on the Mariner since we now know for sure that the Riviera uses Illy "Espresso" beans.