Price drop, OBC after final payment?

Lorey2007

New to NCL, our final payment is due this week if there should be a price drop will NCL offer OBC if I contact them? Last week we were given a new booking date when there was a lower price and UDP. Just need to know if I should keep my notification active and keep checking.

I would re-price it just before making final payment to check the current price.

As with most cruiselines, after you have made final payment the cruiseline does not owe you anything if here is a price drop. But it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. You have a better chance of being moved to a higher category of cabin (that is currently the price you had paid) than being given OBC.

Edited by mizlorinj

Do you have the free trio package? What type cabin do you have?

If you have ocean view or higher, you can look at switching to the free package that will include OBC of either $200 for ocean view up to mini suite, and $300 for a suite.

It includes the speciality restaurants, unlimited drinks, and the OBC.

I say this because I just upgraded today to this special they are running. Cost me approx $92 more then I am paying now. For almost $2,000 in specials, the $92 is nothing....

My final payment is next week.

I called NCL and it was easy peasy....Great Customer Service

Edited by FireEater

Last year we booked a Haven 2 bedroom that had gone down $1000 after final payment. Understanding that NCL had no obligation to compensate us, I asked nicely if there was anything that they could do. We were given $500 OBC which will keep us happy smiley NCL customers.

It never hurts to ask.

I can confirm that after final payment it is possible to obtain OBC. I just did it.

Was after final payment and price just dropped. Was offered to switch from aft balcony to regular mini suite. Didn't want to lose aft location, so they offered OBC. Gladly accepted as they were obligated to give me nothing

Yep, you are not entitled to anything but they will often try to upgrade if the price drop is enough but if there are no upgrades available, usually one could get 25% of the price drop in OBC - getting 50% like stated above is very uncommon by reading posts here.

yep, you are not entitled to anything but they will often try to upgrade if the price drop is enough but if there are no upgrades available, usually one could get 25% of the price drop in obc - getting 50% like stated above is very uncommon by reading posts here.

best answer

Thanks for all of your responses. I was lucky to get a small price adjustment and the addition of the UDP along with keeping my $200 OBC. Tomorrow is final payment but I will keep checking for any other price drops until we sail away! Again thanks.

Sort of related to this topic.....are other cruise lines as accommodating as NCL? I'm almost Diamond on another line, and I've never been offered anything for a price drop. I have since learned to ask/watch price, but NCL customer service is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sort of related to this topic.....are other cruise lines as accommodating as NCL? I'm almost Diamond on another line, and I've never been offered anything for a price drop. I have since learned to ask/watch price, but NCL customer service is awesome!

With one of my RCL cruises I was able to get three price drops. You have to be diligent in watching. All three were before final payment.

Thanks Lorey! As I said, I only learned last year (here on CC) that you must watch your price. Last Feb, I had an upgrade from a studio to a balcony! It's a little trickier as a solo traveler, but by working closely with my PCC, I'm hoping for another balcony for my next cruise in a few weeks!

It never hurts to call and it all depends on who you get....One sailing I did it two times and got OBC, not equal to the difference but a good chunk. I was super nice and just said I was disapointed blah blah and both times I got assigned some OBC.

Monday I made the final payment on our cruise although the final payment date is not until tomorrow. Last Wednesday I got a price reduction and the UDP, today the price dropped again by $100. I really didn't think I would get it but in a matter of 2 minutes the rep said I would see a credit on my credit card in 7-10 days! It doesn't hurt to keep checking or pay one dollar for a notification site that let me know of these drops. Now I'll keep checking to see if I can get some OBC if the price drops again.:)

As an alternate plan, you might want to cancel your room and rebook during the 14-55 days before range. You will likely get a much better deal on your stateroom, provided you are in a balcony category or lower.

Read this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115592

Edited by pokerpro5

On Carnival if you book early saver you can get price drop up to 2 days before sailing

mrobstad

We are platinum Carnival Cruise Line the last cruise we went on we ended up having a 1056.00 in OBC because we had price drops after final payment. they have a form online that you fill out and submit and within 2 or 3 days the OBC shows up on your account.

Everone.....Thanks for the information this is the first time we will be cruising with Norwegian and I am researching. Everything is all new :)

I believe once final payment is made you are out of options for any OBC or price reductions...

No price reduction, rarely they will give you an OBC but generally you can get an upgrade, It doesn't hurt to ask, just be happy with whatever you get. Remember when we booked our cruise we must have been satisfied with the price or we would have not booked. If the rate goes up, would we expect the company to charge us the difference?

Edited by newmexicoNita

With one of my RCL cruises I was able to get three price drops. You have to be diligent in watching. All three were before final payment.

Before final payment is a very different situation. Yes, usually price reductions regardless of the line are honored prior to the final payment date.

OMG just got my third price adjustment! I saw a $250pp price drop today but since I had to make final payment on Jan 22nd I didn't think I would qualify for it but I called anyway. I was maybe hoping for some OBC. Boy I'm glad I did the rep said as long as I was not less than 75 days out I would get it I'm still 84 days away. She was able to just re price the fare and credit my CC.

It seems NCL made a change January 1st that Hawaii cruises have a earlier final payment date that's why mine was changed when I got my first price adjustment. Final payment date doesn't matter for a price drop it's the Cancellation Policy date which the first one is 75 days that makes a difference.

I'm a happy camper and $500+ to the good!:):)