Just off the grandeur: From snow to sun to sea and sand youtube video review

We just got off the Grandeur of the Seas on January 16, 2015. It was a really great cruise. Here is my youtube photo review. We had snow and sun and sea and sand and food and friends and drinks and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VdbjIwdl4

Loved the review!! We will be on a 10 day on her in April 2016!

Question where are all the people? HAHA...it looked as if you guys were almost alone on the sip and at the ports! NICE :D

Like the video, but where were the rest of the passengers. Did you charter the whole ship?? Could have used a few more pictures of you guys:D

I know. I get that a lot. I am a professional photographer so it is just habit to try to limit images of strangers to a minimum.

Loved the review!! We will be on a 10 day on her in April 2016!

Question where are all the people? HAHA...it looked as if you guys were almost alone on the sip and at the ports! NICE :D

Glad you enjoyed the review.

On the ship, I tried to keep photos of strangers to a minimum. In the ports, we actually DID have the beaches pretty much to ourselves most of the time we were there. We try to avoid the usual and often crowded tourist beaches.

You will have a GREAT time on the Grandeur in April I am sure.

Great video we will be on her in march for our first time after seeing this cant wait . thank you

Anticipation is part of the fun. I am pleased the video has whetted your anticipation. The Grandeur is a lovely ship that, as you could see, is showing remarkably little wear and tear. You will have a great time.

We just got off the Grandeur of the Seas on January 16, 2015. It was a really great cruise. Here is my youtube photo review. We had snow and sun and sea and sand and food and friends and drinks and....

I loved your video! Very well done! I am looking forward to going on the Grandeur April 10 with my 3 year old grandson! I love the grandeur and have sailed on her several times!

What an amazing video!

Did you get to do anything in San Juan, or you stayed on the ship?

Did you dock in Havensight in St. Thomas? It kind of looks like you docked in Crown Bay instead.

How was water in Great Bay?

Thanks!

What an amazing video!

Did you get to do anything in San Juan, or you stayed on the ship?

Did you dock in Havensight in St. Thomas? It kind of looks like you docked in Crown Bay instead.

How was water in Great Bay?

Thanks!

Hi!

Glad you enjoyed the video.

We docked around 3PM in San Juan. As we have been to old San Juan many times and we had early dinner reservations at CHOPS, we decided to stay on the ship. You can, however, get off the ship and walk to Old Town and the fort.

In St Thomas, we docked at Havensight.

We pretty much had the beach to ourselves at Great Bay in St Maarten. We walked to town from the ship, cruised the Boardwalk for a bit, and then lay on the beach and swam most of the day before having lunch at a beach bar/restaurant. I have read articles in the past about the low quality of the water in Great Bay. I have never found it to be anything other than clean and clear.

The rainbow pics were amazing. A highlight of any Caribbean cruise.

Did you shoot any video too?

That was the biggest rainbow I have ever seem. It arched over the entire island. Even with a 15m wide angle lens, I could not shoot the whole thing.

No, I did not shoot any video. I am a professional STILL photographer and I rarely..make that never..shoot video.

Edited by jimandtoni

I loved your video! Very well done! I am looking forward to going on the Grandeur April 10 with my 3 year old grandson! I love the grandeur and have sailed on her several times!

Not having been on a RCI ship for MANY years, we booked this ship/cruise with a pretty high degree of trepidation. Our concerns were unfounded. She is a beautiful ship, and I hope RCI keeps her in the fleet for a long long time to come. We shall sail on her again soon I am sure.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by jimandtoni

Hi!

Glad you enjoyed the video.

We docked around 3PM in San Juan. As we have been to old San Juan many times and we had early dinner reservations at CHOPS, we decided to stay on the ship. You can, however, get off the ship and walk to Old Town and the fort.

In St Thomas, we docked at Havensight.

We pretty much had the beach to ourselves at Great Bay in St Maarten. We walked to town from the ship, cruised the Boardwalk for a bit, and then lay on the beach and swam most of the day before having lunch at a beach bar/restaurant. I have read articles in the past about the low quality of the water in Great Bay. I have never found it to be anything other than clean and clear.

Thanks for the response. How was traffic through Charlotte Amalie? From what I remember both St. Thomas and St. Maarten suffer from bottlenecks.