Question on free offer

shanet60

I got a mailed offer from access travel for a free cruise for two on either NCL or RCL ...but to get it I have to sit through 90 minute presentation this Saturday in my local hometown..has anyone ever heard of this or done this.

Nothing is free in this world. I know we were in St Thomas a while back and there was guys pushing on the streets for you to go to a seminar and get a free cruise just for going. it would only last 4 hours and no offense I didnt want to waste 4 hours in there. The guy on the street was really upset and accused me of wasting his time, lol. Probably cause i asked alot of questions and after a few it clicked in, this was one of them things

I got a mailed offer from access travel for a free cruise for two on either NCL or RCL ...but to get it I have to sit through 90 minute presentation this Saturday in my local hometown..has anyone ever heard of this or done this.

The business that occupied the suite next to my office several years ago, was a company like the one being described. They sent out letters and encouraged people to call & schedule time to see a promotional video about cruises/trips available free, for spending 60-90 minutes hearing out the vacations of a lifetime they could provide FREE.

When people arrived to view the promotional videos, it was almost as if they 'locked the doors' so people could not leave until they heard all of the programs available, which took much more than 90 minutes....and they bought something, even if a weekend getaway.

It was horrible working in the office next to this suite.

Back when Royal did the Mexico cruise, we got off in Mazatlan and there were locals soliciting for us to sit through a 60 min sales talk at a beautiful resort. We went, they were kind of pissed when we weren't interesting in buying a time share (did they really think people coming off a cruise ship were ripe for this???). Anyway, we had an awesome day at their resort.

I've also sat thru time share sales pitch at a ski resort in WV and once in Las Vegas. Both, years and years ago, included 2 nights stays for sitting through a 90 miles pitch. I'm not easily swayed into purchases, so typically I've had some good experiences.

we had one for a free trip, but you had to join a travel group..800 per year..gave you insight on how to get cheap deals..its a scam

Put $800 per year in a bank account and in 2-3 years, buy your own cruise; dependent upon itinerary and cabin type. Become your own 'travel group'.