Havanna Suites

jp12687

Agreed. I don't think the Havana Pool area is going to be a big draw for the teens that are there. They will want to be up where the action is. I honestly don't think this age group is going to be a big deal.

It might not be a big draw for them but I know my son who is 12 does not like the Lido pools as they are always too packed. And he's not much of a slide person although he will try those or the hot tubs before any of the pools. So the Havana pool would be right up his alley unless it's packed too with Havana guests.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It might not be a big draw for them but I know my son who is 12 does not like the Lido pools as they are always too packed. And he's not much of a slide person although he will try those or the hot tubs before any of the pools. So the Havana pool would be right up his alley unless it's packed too with Havana guests.

Which is perfectly fine and acceptable. I just don't think there will be gangs of teens hanging around.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the time I'll probably be up at the lido pool too, as I like to be where the action is as well, so someone can have my havana chairs. :). I'm sure we will take advantage of the area early in the mornings for a hot tub or later in the afternoons when we are winding down, but I know we will not be spending the majority of our sea days there. We have the first havana cabana cabin right off the pool area, so the convenience factor is there, but we rarely stay in one place too long. :)

Which is perfectly fine and acceptable. I just don't think there will be gangs of teens hanging around.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the time I'll probably be up at the lido pool too, as I like to be where the action is as well, so someone can have my havana chairs. :). I'm sure we will take advantage of the area early in the mornings for a hot tub or later in the afternoons when we are winding down, but I know we will not be spending the majority of our sea days there. We have the first havana cabana cabin right off the pool area, so the convenience factor is there, but we rarely stay in one place too long. :)

Just want to say after reading a number of your posts, I wish you were sailing on the Inaugural with me. I love your outlook. :)

Agreed! We aren't stressing about this. We'll use some other parts of the ship, and something use the Havana area. Not too stressed about the 12+ year old kids. I don't suspect there will be a lot of them in the Havana cabins. And it's not much different than elsewhere. People need to relax! :cool:

Sorry for my grumpy post about the 12-15 year olds..I really don't hate children! I think my teaching day with the Jr High squirrels might have clouded my vision a bit ;) lol

Not grumpy at all. You are not far off the mark, while I've never had a bad cruise, the one that was my least favorite was during Easter holiday for families from Great Britain. There were so many teenagers on that cruise, and they invaded and took over every area including the tiny adult area (This was on the Sea Princess). For me, the big draw of the Havana area was the hope it might be a little less crowded, and frenetic. Who knows, with seeing each other day in and day out, by weeks end it might even feel like a neighborhood block party!

Not grumpy at all. You are not far off the mark, while I've never had a bad cruise, the one that was my least favorite was during Easter holiday for families from Great Britain. There were so many teenagers on that cruise, and they invaded and took over every area including the tiny adult area (This was on the Sea Princess). For me, the big draw of the Havana area was the hope it might be a little less crowded, and frenetic. Who knows, with seeing each other day in and day out, by weeks end it might even feel like a neighborhood block party!

Check this out!! This was from a cruise a year ago. I call it .....KID SOUP!! It was not chilly or anything. I just made it impossible for an adult to enjoy the hot tubs!!

Kidsoup.jpg.39c00416f931f41a6dc12ee05a537499.jpg

Check this out!! This was from a cruise a year ago. I call it .....KID SOUP!! It was not chilly or anything. I just made it impossible for an adult to enjoy the hot tubs!!

Whooa. I've seen it like that. But to be honest, my son likes the hot tubs. But he would never get in one that packed. Neither would the rest of us.

I seriously always try and book a decent pre cruise hotel - one with nice pools at least. Because I find all ship pools and hot tubs too crowded and very hard to enjoy.

That's kinda funny.

My kids complain about not being able to use the hot tubs and pools because, in their words, "drunk adults."

I guess whoever gets in first and can sustain their position without giving in to a different age group wins.

Well it sounds like you would be fun to hang with..you aren't on the March 24, 2018 sailing are you!?

Well it sounds like you would be fun to hang with..you aren't on the March 24, 2018 sailing are you!?

:) Sorry, December 17, 2016. Can't believe I booked a cruise 2 years in advance, but then I guess you have to in order to get a highly coveted Havana Cabana cabin:)

I have booked our trips through 2017, but 2018 is still open, and I love the Caribbean in March, so who knows. But if I want to sail in Little Havana I better decide quickly.