Havanna Suites

jp12687

I booked a Havana Cabana when the Caribbean first opened. I'm not particularly happy with the additional cabins, but I love the cabin on deck 5. We will make the best of it, and won't let it affect our good time.

I'm with you Cindy.

I booked an Havana cabin when reservations were first opened for the Vista. At that stage the only designated Havana cabins were the ones on Deck 5. I booked my cabin on that basis, having worked out how many people were likely to have access to the Havana area during the day. By my calculations the additional cabins on deck 6 and 7 have increased the number of Havana cabins by 56%. So the experience I booked has been significantly altered to my detriment. Needless to say, I have not been informed of the change by Carnival (just picked it up from forums) even though it significantly changes the experience I booked. Obviously Carnival saw the opportunity to make more money long term by redesignating a significant number of cabins (which I fully understand) but they are more than happy to degrade the experience of those already booked without any notification or recompense (which I consider completely unsatisfactory).

One of the risks you take when you book a ship that isn't even constructed yet. We have a Havana Cabana booked and aren't too concerned about this. I'd expect they would have considered all of this. And if the reviews really are not good between intro into service and our sailing, we can always change to a different cabin.

I may be off the mark on this but given the layout of the original Deck 5 Havana Cabanas, which we knew from the beginning were not going to be super private....why be worried about crowds now??

The way I see it, even with the addition of 22 more cabins, the per capita ratio between pool and people is still better in the Havana area than the rest of the ship. If you work the numbers there will not be more than 250 people in the Havana area (and that's a VERY high guestimate) Now think about the rest of the guests on the Vista....what is it? Over 3,500?? And how many other pools are there???

I think we will be just fine. I seriously doubt every body booked in the Havana area will be vying for a lounger at the same time.

Granted it's not what we originally booked...but we also knew we were booking a "work in progress". It is not uncommon for contractors or designers to submit change orders during the process of construction.

Let us not worry until we have reason to worry!

I was doing mock bookings today and saw the newly categorized cabins. I will sail this ship sometime in 2017 but not sure if I want to be on the main deck or spring for one of the wrap around where I can look down and people watch at night. I think this whole concept if for people who like to people watch!

I am just hoping that with the additional cabins added to Havana that they take this into account and add more lounge chairs. I am in the group that booked a Havana just for the private pool area but I also think that people will visit all the pools and explore the ship so I am hoping it is not too big of a problem.

I was doing mock bookings today and saw the newly categorized cabins. I will sail this ship sometime in 2017 but not sure if I want to be on the main deck or spring for one of the wrap around where I can look down and people watch at night. I think this whole concept if for people who like to people watch!

Hey - Wichita....on the 2-25-17 8-day cruise I saw one aft wrap on six that is a havana cabana left yesterday....we have the other wrap on 6. This is a good cruise as 4 port days and three sea days....a good balance....

Hey - Wichita....on the 2-25-17 8-day cruise I saw one aft wrap on six that is a havana cabana left yesterday....we have the other wrap on 6. This is a good cruise as 4 port days and three sea days....a good balance....

It's still there. ATM I'm a solo so it'll be $3069.02 for all that room for little ol' me. That and I noticed in the description that the balcony will have patio chairs and table. No mention about a lounger or a hammock. Normally I travel with hosted cruise companies so I might hold out and see if one of them books the Vista in 2017. That or wait till reviews come out on the Cabana cabins so I can decide which one I would like best without overspending!

It's still there. ATM I'm a solo so it'll be $3069.02 for all that room for little ol' me. That and I noticed in the description that the balcony will have patio chairs and table. No mention about a lounger or a hammock. Normally I travel with hosted cruise companies so I might hold out and see if one of them books the Vista in 2017. That or wait till reviews come out on the Cabana cabins so I can decide which one I would like best without overspending!

Wichita....I checked - it will be a setup like the other aft wraps....two lounge chairs, 2 - 4 regular chairs & a table. And I would so go solo...may do that myself next year!

Wichita....I checked - it will be a setup like the other aft wraps....two lounge chairs, 2 - 4 regular chairs & a table. And I would so go solo...may do that myself next year!

I ALMOST put the deposit down yesterday on that cabin but I forgot to factor two things into my price! The first one someone on here should be able to help me with.

1. What's the current cost of the Cheers program? Is it still a 15 drink a day limit? Is there a link to the current program details. (Yes I know it may change by 2017).

2. I need to guesstimate what my airfare will be.

If I put a deposit down on that sailing those will effect what cabin class I go for. Already have a cruise booked for next year. Got pressured to doing the Getaway again. It'll be my second time as a non solo if my friend follows through on it!

Only the Havana Suites have a lounge and hammock. Not the Balconies or regular Havana Cabana on deck 5

John Heald actually announced on his Facebook page about three weeks ago that all Havana Cabana rooms will have hammocks. Carnival was very tight lipped about this for a while, but it appears they've decided. This conflicts a bit with some mock ups, but that's not unusual. The Havana Suites will only have a larger room, not a different Cabana. This is as of the latest update, unless this has changed again.

So it is my understanding after speaking to numerous Carnival reps if you are in an aft wrap or an aft cabin on 6 or 7 it is a Havana but it will not have a hammock (which I expected) but it will have the lounge chairs as they usually do on all afts and aft wraps. So the bottom line is if you are in a Havana room that is an aft or aft wrap, the balcony is the same as always as far as outdoor furniture but the inside decor will be Havana....but who knows? That is the great mystery! But I am assured that an aft wrap will have two lounge chairs as it does on every Carnival ship. Besides, I would probably roll out of that Hammock & make a big crash on the deck....lol! From what I am hearing, Carnival is going to do their best to keep all Havana cabin type clientele happy as this is their latest & greatest cabin!:)

So as I was looking on the Carnival web site today, I did a mock booking for an Havana Cabana and I noticed this

This room includes:

Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Floor-to-ceiling window. Outdoor patio facing Lanai with patio chairs and table.

Exclusive Havana amenities: Exclusive daytime access to Havana Bar & Pool. Reserved deck chairs on the Lanai.

S I am wondering now that they have opened up more cabins to the Havana category, how are they going to have enough reserved deck chairs?

So as I was looking on the Carnival web site today, I did a mock booking for an Havana Cabana and I noticed this

This room includes:

Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Floor-to-ceiling window. Outdoor patio facing Lanai with patio chairs and table.

Exclusive Havana amenities: Exclusive daytime access to Havana Bar & Pool. Reserved deck chairs on the Lanai.

S I am wondering now that they have opened up more cabins to the Havana category, how are they going to have enough reserved deck chairs?

I counted the actual number of Havana cabins. It's 61. Assuming double occupancy that's the need for 122 deck chairs during the day. By reserved I'm pretty sure they mean that the deck will have enough deck chairs for everyone that people outside the Havana area can't use when not open to the public.

I agree :). Sounds as though deck chairs will be reserved on the Lanai, directly in front of the Havana Cabins.

That was my understanding as well. Personally, I think that's great and I look forward to having my own lanai chairs waiting for me! Also giving people the option to sit on their lanai/balcony should ease the crowding at the pool.

Getting so excited! It would be great if we had the hammock chair swings. I think where people might be getting confused with the new cabins that have become "Havana" up on 6 & 7 is the category, not necessarily the style. The Promenade cabins are "Havana CABANA" Cabins with the lanai and private loungers. Will the Havana Balcony cabins have loungers? possibly, but they are not the CABANA cabins with the lanai, loungers and swings.

Getting so excited! It would be great if we had the hammock chair swings. I think where people might be getting confused with the new cabins that have become "Havana" up on 6 & 7 is the category, not necessarily the style. The Promenade cabins are "Havana CABANA" Cabins with the lanai and private loungers. Will the Havana Balcony cabins have loungers? possibly, but they are not the CABANA cabins with the lanai, loungers and swings.

I have heard that all the Cabanas will have the hammock chair. I believe someone asked John H. and he checked and was told that all cabanas would have them.

We too are getting excited. I know it's still a year out but I am truly looking forward to this ship and this cruise.

• 9 months later...
Hi Cindy

I'm on your sailing. I will sleep in either sweat pants or soft shorts with a tee shirt

I'm sure early in the morning you will probably only see your neighbors.

Since the area doesn't open to the public till after 5 pm. I'm excited to try something new.

It will be nice to go in a hot tub without 25 kids splashing around

Maybe not little kids but the most annoying age (12-15) is allowed and I have a feeling they will be all over the place and splashing in the hot tubs..I hope not..guess we will have to wait and see!

Kids 12 & over were always included in the Havana cabins and therefore a part of the privileges of that area till 5:00. If I thought they were the most annoying age, I would have to take that into serious consideration before booking back there.

The Havana area is not an extension of the serenity area. And while I have kids and bring them on cruises, I'm not sure I understand Carnival's point with the age restriction. I hope everyone will be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Impossible to know for sure, and each cruise will depend on the passenger make-up, but I think the 12-17 year olds will spend at least part of the day at the water slides, ropes course, or those racer things, so I don't expect too many teenagers during the day at the Havana pool. Maybe the age restriction was to keep the youngest kids, the one's most likely to be kept with mom & dad out of the pool area, so it's more adult. By allowing 12+, they are still able to cram 3 or 4 into a cabin.

About 3 more months before we start getting first hand reports.

Impossible to know for sure, and each cruise will depend on the passenger make-up, but I think the 12-17 year olds will spend at least part of the day at the water slides, ropes course, or those racer things, so I don't expect too many teenagers during the day at the Havana pool. Maybe the age restriction was to keep the youngest kids, the one's most likely to be kept with mom & dad out of the pool area, so it's more adult. By allowing 12+, they are still able to cram 3 or 4 into a cabin.

About 3 more months before we start getting first hand reports.

So, we have 4 cabanas and an inside Havana booked for June 2017. It's a graduation cruise so I'll have my two 18 year olds, and my 17 year old nephew as well. Rest of us are adults. I'm sure they'll be in and out of the area and all over the ship exploring the new cool stuff. But here's the thing; there won't be many kids because there are a total of 2 cabanas for 3 and 1 cabana for 4 (rest for 2), 2 insides for 3 and I think only 1 inside for 4. The vast, vast majority of cabins are for 2. So, maybe a few teens, young adults with parents but very few in the 12-15 age bracket is my prediction.

So, we have 4 cabanas and an inside Havana booked for June 2017. It's a graduation cruise so I'll have my two 18 year olds, and my 17 year old nephew as well. Rest of us are adults. I'm sure they'll be in and out of the area and all over the ship exploring the new cool stuff. But here's the thing; there won't be many kids because there are a total of 2 cabanas for 3 and 1 cabana for 4 (rest for 2), 2 insides for 3 and I think only 1 inside for 4. The vast, vast majority of cabins are for 2. So, maybe a few teens, young adults with parents but very few in the 12-15 age bracket is my prediction.

Agreed. I don't think the Havana Pool area is going to be a big draw for the teens that are there. They will want to be up where the action is. I honestly don't think this age group is going to be a big deal.