Havanna Suites

jp12687

So I cannot envision these havanna suites. if you are laying on the hammock, what are you looking at? The umbrellas covering the pool? That walkway in front of the balconies has me confused haha.

A roof to your balcony.

Edited by Pixelate

I just caught that as well. I was so excited about these rooms, but not anymore. And the Havana pool has ruined my lovely aft balconies for me now too. :( Guess when I cruise Vista I will try a Lido balcony!

My feelings exactly; I was considering an aft view balcony but the Havana pool area juts out too far. Booked a Lido Balcony on the Vista TransAtlantic.

If these rooms had extend the private balconies out to the rail instead of it being promenade deck I would have been all over one. But now, probably not.

But remember, that whole area is private to Havana cabin passengers during the day, so there shouldn't be much traffic on that section of Promenade.

My verdict won't be in until I start reading reviews with pros and cons, and it won't even be at 100% until I sail in the Havana cabin myself. I'm more concerned about smoking. Is Carnival a smoke free balcony cabin cruise line? I can't imagine enjoying my hammock with the smell of cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes etc...taking up my air space. Photos make it look beautiful though.

My verdict won't be in until I start reading reviews with pros and cons, and it won't even be at 100% until I sail in the Havana cabin myself. I'm more concerned about smoking. Is Carnival a smoke free balcony cabin cruise line? I can't imagine enjoying my hammock with the smell of cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes etc...taking up my air space. Photos make it look beautiful though.

Smoking on balconies is not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to think that there's going to be a fair amount of traffic out on the promenade in front of the Havana stateroom balconies during all hours of the day. Take a good look at the deck plans for this area, and pay particular attention to the location of Ocean Plaza in relation to the Havana stateroom balconies...

CarnivalVista-Map-PromenadeAft.jpg

If you've ever been on Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, or Carnival Breeze... think about the times you explored the ship in this area. It's only natural to head out the doors from Ocean Plaza and to take a walk around the promenade deck to see what's out there.

Plus, remember that the promenade deck is the ONLY place on the entire ship with an outside deck that goes all the way around the entire length and width of the ship... so people who want to go for a long stroll around the whole ship without hitting a bunch of roadblocks are going to naturally gravitate here.

If you look carefully at the deck area near cabins 5239 and 5240, you can see there's a little zig-zag where they presumably will put up some kind of sign during the day saying that the aft Havana pool area is open only to Havana stateroom guests. I bet a whole bunch of people will at least walk up to those signs to see what they say, and to take a peek at what's back there... which will take those people right past all the Havana stateroom balconies.

Also, look carefully at the location of staterooms closest to Ocean plaza... such as 5201/5202/5203/5204 and all those up at that end. That's really close to ocean plaza. All sorts of people are going to be pouring out of there... at least early in the week when it's only natural to explore a new ship.

I still like the Havana stateroom cabins and I think there's a very good chance that's where I'll be whenever I finally cruise on the Carnival Vista. But I think we all need to be realistic in our expectations about the parade of people that will be walking in front of the balconies! Sitting out on a private balcony and looking out at the ocean is one of many activities I enjoy on a cruise. In the Havana cabins, it's going to be a very different situation. It will be wonderful to have private access to the Havana pool area, though!

Wonder if they'll allow smoking in the outside of the cabanas on the smoking side of the ship... It's not a balcony, and you aren't in the room...

The ban has done nothing to stop smoking on the balcony. There are still plenty who do so.

The ban has done nothing to stop smoking on the balcony. There are still plenty who do so.

I agree, but I just wonder if it will even be banned... Just a curiosity. It would certainly make them even more of a premium if it weren't...

Just for the unique factor, I can't wait to be able to book one of these cabins. Looking at this photo, how do you get to the inside hallway from inside?

Can't wait for a review of this ship!

I would walk on the outside until I get to the back area of the ocean plaza.

Looking at this photo, how do you get to the inside hallway from inside?

That's interesting! I guess you looked at the deck plans a little closer than I did, as I did not notice it until you mentioned it. The deck plans must not be 100% correct in that regard... because, as you've pointed out, the deck plans show a hallway where you would enter the "front doors" of the Havana balcony cabins and suites, but the deck plans make it look like those hallways don't actually go anywhere!

If I had to guess, I'd suspect that the hallways connect to the Havana bar area near cabins 5231 and 5232... or maybe near cabins 5201 and 5202. This is kind of an important detail that would be good to know... because if the hallway connected outside of cabin 5201, for example, it would make that cabin somewhat less desirable due to noise.

I think I'll post the question to John Heald's Facebook page, and see if we can get a clarification from Carnival... and hopefully, someday, a corrected set of deck plans.

You very well could be right and only time will tell but even if there are people at times walking past I still believe that the location and ease to everything on deck 5 and the exclusive use of the the entire back area during the day is going to be well worth it. :)

I a matter of a few steps in the morning I will be able to grab some delicious Cuban Coffee and bring it back to my cabana and sit and enjoy the morning. That's what I'm talking about!

I have to think that there's going to be a fair amount of traffic out on the promenade in front of the Havana stateroom balconies during all hours of the day. Take a good look at the deck plans for this area, and pay particular attention to the location of Ocean Plaza in relation to the Havana stateroom balconies...

If you've ever been on Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, or Carnival Breeze... think about the times you explored the ship in this area. It's only natural to head out the doors from Ocean Plaza and to take a walk around the promenade deck to see what's out there.

Plus, remember that the promenade deck is the ONLY place on the entire ship with an outside deck that goes all the way around the entire length and width of the ship... so people who want to go for a long stroll around the whole ship without hitting a bunch of roadblocks are going to naturally gravitate here.

If you look carefully at the deck area near cabins 5239 and 5240, you can see there's a little zig-zag where they presumably will put up some kind of sign during the day saying that the aft Havana pool area is open only to Havana stateroom guests. I bet a whole bunch of people will at least walk up to those signs to see what they say, and to take a peek at what's back there... which will take those people right past all the Havana stateroom balconies.

Also, look carefully at the location of staterooms closest to Ocean plaza... such as 5201/5202/5203/5204 and all those up at that end. That's really close to ocean plaza. All sorts of people are going to be pouring out of there... at least early in the week when it's only natural to explore a new ship.

I still like the Havana stateroom cabins and I think there's a very good chance that's where I'll be whenever I finally cruise on the Carnival Vista. But I think we all need to be realistic in our expectations about the parade of people that will be walking in front of the balconies! Sitting out on a private balcony and looking out at the ocean is one of many activities I enjoy on a cruise. In the Havana cabins, it's going to be a very different situation. It will be wonderful to have private access to the Havana pool area, though!

Wonder if they'll allow smoking in the outside of the cabanas on the smoking side of the ship... It's not a balcony, and you aren't in the room...

For those who would want to smoke, it would just be a quick walk to the smoking side outside the Ocean Plaza area where smoking is still allowed. :)

For those who would want to smoke, it would just be a quick walk to the smoking side outside the Ocean Plaza area where smoking is still allowed. :)

What IS the smoking side? Starboard? I want to make sure. Thank you. :)