Can someone help me figure out drink packages?

LeCricket

Oh. my. word. There is SO much information on this forum (which is great), that I am utterly lost. Could someone either point me in the direction of a written explanation of the drink packages or answer some questions for me? RCCL's explanations really didn't do me much good. If we get a drink package, do we have to get it every day of the cruise, or can we do every other day? With the highest packages, is that unlimited drinks? Are they call drinks or what? My husband and I would like to have a drink by the pool and some wine with dinner, but don't want to pay for it every day. We have two rooms going for ourselves and our kids. That means we can bring four bottles of wine on board, right? Can I bring a glass from my room to dinner? I hate to sound cheap, but I just don't like surprises, and I love to plan and research. Thanks!

Oh. my. word. There is SO much information on this forum (which is great), that I am utterly lost. Could someone either point me in the direction of a written explanation of the drink packages or answer some questions for me? RCCL's explanations really didn't do me much good. If we get a drink package, do we have to get it every day of the cruise, or can we do every other day? With the highest packages, is that unlimited drinks? Are they call drinks or what? My husband and I would like to have a drink by the pool and some wine with dinner, but don't want to pay for it every day. We have two rooms going for ourselves and our kids. That means we can bring four bottles of wine on board, right? Can I bring a glass from my room to dinner? I hate to sound cheap, but I just don't like surprises, and I love to plan and research. Thanks!

2 bottles per cabin for those over 21.

We get 2 cabins. One for adults and 1 for kids. Never have had a problem of bringing 4 bottles of wine on board.

There is no longer a corkage fee so you can take your bottle to dinner with you. What you don't drink they will save for another day or you may take a glass with you...your choice.

As stated before you cannot pick and choose days for the drink package. It can be purchased on the ship up to 4 days prior to the end of the cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks for the advice. Maybe we will bring the 4 bottles on and just buy occasional drinks until the deadline, then sign up for the drink package for one of us. I just don't see us getting as much use out of it since we have kids and can't get snockered, but I do like to have some wine/drinks with dinner. :)

We have two rooms, btw. One is in my name, one in my husbands. I'm assuming that's how you do it if you have minors in the adjacent room. Man, I'm starting to feel like I need a travel agent, and I usually love booking vacations! I'm always on the hunt for a good deal, though. It's in my blood!

Cricket

Edited by LeCricket

We have two rooms, btw. One is in my name, one in my husbands. I'm assuming that's how you do it if you have minors in the adjacent room. Man, I'm starting to feel like I need a travel agent, and I usually love booking vacations! I'm always on the hunt for a good deal, though. It's in my blood!

Cricket

No, the minors can be booked without an adult in the adjacent room or directly across the hall.

Oooh... might it be cheaper to do it without an adult in the room? I haven't paid yet. My rooms are on hold. Guess I'll check in the morning.

Thanks!

Worth checking, but pricing is generally per body with no adult/child distinction. Discounts apply for 3rd and subsequent passengers in the cabin.

if you guys just want a couple drinks by the pool I wouldn't get a drink package.

The drinks start at the prices listed below + gratuity

beer - 4.25

mixed 5.25

frozen 6.00

specialty coffee 5.25

I think the drink or the day (which is written on your daily compass) are 7.75 and you get to keep the glass.

My point is if you arent going to drink much, a drink package wouldnt be worth it.

Oooh... might it be cheaper to do it without an adult in the room? I haven't paid yet. My rooms are on hold. Guess I'll check in the morning.

Logistically, I'd have the two adults in one room and the two kids in the other. Last cruise we took was Carnival, but I assume it's the same with RCI. Our daughters were teens at the time, so they could easily have their own room. Not knowing, we booked my eldest daughter with my husband and my youngest daughter with me. Not knowing that the Seapasses acted as our room keys. As a result, I had a key to the girls's room but not our room, and my youngest daughter had a key to our room but not her room. We were pretty much at the mercy of our roommates to let us into our rooms.

Logistically, I'd have the two adults in one room and the two kids in the other. Last cruise we took was Carnival, but I assume it's the same with RCI. Our daughters were teens at the time, so they could easily have their own room. Not knowing, we booked my eldest daughter with my husband and my youngest daughter with me. Not knowing that the Seapasses acted as our room keys. As a result, I had a key to the girls's room but not our room, and my youngest daughter had a key to our room but not her room. We were pretty much at the mercy of our roommates to let us into our rooms.

We did the same thing once but guest services took care of the key situation for us.

if you guys just want a couple drinks by the pool I wouldn't get a drink package.

The drinks start at the prices listed below + gratuity

beer - 4.25

mixed 5.25

frozen 6.00

specialty coffee 5.25

I think the drink or the day (which is written on your daily compass) are 7.75 and you get to keep the glass.

My point is if you arent going to drink much, a drink package wouldnt be worth it.

With the drink package are the drinks of the day included and do you get the glass at no extra charge? What do the glasses look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the drink package are the drinks of the day included and do you get the glass at no extra charge? What do the glasses look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Souvenir glasses are not included in the drink package. They'll gladly serve you the drink of the day in a regular glass though.