Yikes! $300 Price jump in 6 hours!

Mkehlb

Doing my few times a day price check on fare viewer today and found that our cabin category, 8C on the Pride May, 17 sailing had gone up by almost $300. Lordy! Makes me wonder if there will be any more price drops before we sail.

Doing my few times a day price check on fare viewer today and found that our cabin category, 8C on the Pride May, 17 sailing had gone up by almost $300. Lordy! Makes me wonder if there will be any more price drops before we sail.

I'm on the same cruise, and I've yet to see a price drop. It's been hovering around $200 more for the 8B cabin.

Edited by iamsteph

I think prices overall are climbing right now. I have not been seeing the price drops I'm used to for my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks. IMO Carnival is not using severe price drops to fill cabins these days. It will be interesting to see if they stick to that strategy in the longer term.

There is hope! Ours is March 8th and after booking in July, we had seen no price drops until last week. There were 4 drops in 5 days totally $240. All were the more = merrier sale where you could choose your cabin. There were also bigger drops for the same sale where Carnival chooses your room.

Does anyone know what the best cabin type is the best for getting OBC? Just wondering? We always book either a Large Aft or wrap Aft and have never seen a price drop or offered OBC, except on the NCL Haven room last year on the Breakaway. Just asking because most of the post on CC seam to be just about getting better prices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know what the best cabin type is the best for getting OBC? Just wondering? We always book either a Large Aft or wrap Aft and have never seen a price drop or offered OBC, except on the NCL Haven room last year on the Breakaway. Just asking because most of the post on CC seam to be just about getting better prices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked several aft wraps over the years and never received OBC for a price drop because they sell out quickly. We have received OBC for price drops on regular balcony cabins. You have to check the prices often as my Carnival PVP has indicated Carnival has changed rates as many as 3 times a day.