Best balcony on the Legend

rangerdog

We are taking our first Alaskan cruise next summer. We always like to book the best cabin for the money. What's the best balcony cabin on the Legend and why?

I had one of the bowling alleys and it's extended. It is a handicap accessible cabin but you can get it. The cabin next to it is also extra long and not HA.

It's great to go out on the balcony and spot whales!

We were in 7301 on the Legend before they changed the classes around so it was dirt cheap at the time ($1900 for 4 on it's 7 day cruise... how I miss those days!)

I would agree with one of the bowling alley balconies or one of the 9B rooms (which 7301 was). Both will give you the "best" balcony space for your money with the bowling alley balcony actually being ahead. The 9B has the same balcony space as a suite, but with a smaller room but I do believe square footage wise the bowling alley's are bigger.

for an alaskan cruise it would have to be deck 4 aft.

these balconies are covered.

they will give you the best view of either side-- and not worry about being on the wrong side for the view.

for a caribbean cruise

7258 or 8232 is the best balcony.

for an alaskan cruise it would have to be deck 4 aft.

these balconies are covered.

they will give you the best view of either side-- and not worry about being on the wrong side for the view.

for a caribbean cruise

7258 or 8232 is the best balcony.

Thank you:)

I love having a balcony but it is always so windy when we are at sea.Do the balconys that you are describing have less wind? We are usually on deck 8 amidship.

Deck 8 for the bowling alley balconies is covered and I felt blocked the wind well.

• 3 months later...

Got one of the bowling alley balconies on Legend in 2010 from Tampa. I have it momorized, 6234. The balcony is huge, like somebody else mentioned, 3 times as big as a regular balcony. This was one of the disabled customer cabins. They booked it for us but cautioned us they may have to move us if a customer booked and needed the disabled customer cabin, but to something equal or better. We didn't get moved and loved the cabin. One thing though, there is no sofa in the room. The room is more a square design than the usual oblong arrangement which was nice too.

We are taking our first cruise, on Legend, and booked 8232 back in December. Have since to find out it is one of the most sought after cabins to have for the extended balcony. Will find out in a few weeks, and let you know.:)

Got one of the bowling alley balconies on Legend in 2010 from Tampa. I have it momorized, 6234. The balcony is huge, like somebody else mentioned, 3 times as big as a regular balcony. This was one of the disabled customer cabins. They booked it for us but cautioned us they may have to move us if a customer booked and needed the disabled customer cabin, but to something equal or better. We didn't get moved and loved the cabin. One thing though, there is no sofa in the room. The room is more a square design than the usual oblong arrangement which was nice too.

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

this is 6232 7258 and 8232 will be the same.

6232 is not as big as this but it is big. it is a handicapped cabin.

it will be similar to this.

but like your agent stated you could be moved from your cabin

I love having a balcony but it is always so windy when we are at sea.Do the balconys that you are describing have less wind? We are usually on deck 8 amidship.

these cabins sit back from the side of the ship. They are indented into the ship.