Cheers! - time between drinks?

Cruising4

5 minutes between alcoholic drinks. There may or may not be one with non-alcoholic, but someone else will have the correct answer for that. As per the terms and conditions, there does appear to be one.

Edited by Pixelate

Is there required time gap between drinks? I recall reading ordering a soda along with an alcohol drink isn't permitted.

300 seconds.

If you are undecided after 5 minutes, it may not be worth it.

Edited by ZJ13820

It may be 5 if sitting at a bar but on deck it was more like 15 before a server came by. I did tip well.

How does your lack of attention and service received change the answer that is located in the agreed upon terms? You could have told a server to specifically come by every 5 minutes.

up, just got off Sunshine and it is 5 minutes. I never tipped once and still had great service from all bartenders. many called me by name and were always great. most times they let me get a drink for my wife even if she wasn't wife me with her card. or they asked me to point her out and she would wave from her chair. I also ordered a few virgin drinks for my kids, but not many.

It is as everyone said 5 minutes but they work with you and even on port days we had 2-3 bloody Mary's before getting off the ship and we were the first group off. We did tip extra and always do, did it make service better not sure but we hope it helps make their day as they give made ours. With 84 drinks on ship for me and 93 for DH on ship for a 7 day I think we did our share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My DD ordered a drink and wanted a chaser on the Fascination last spring break. We had to wait the 5 minutes before getting her add on. This was fine as it was lined out in the Cheers program.

On the Breeze in November, my DH ordered a double, and the bartender said that under the cheers program that was considered 2 drinks and was ineligible. This was a little frustrating because she knew we had Cheers, but made the drink anyway so we had to pay for that one. (I would have said no thanks, but my DH wanted his double! Lol)

It seems there is a lot of variance between ships and even bartenders on the same ship. But 5 minutes is the rule.

Is there required time gap between drinks? I recall reading ordering a soda along with an alcohol drink isn't permitted.

We leave in a couple of weeks and I've spent way too much brain time on figuring if Cheers is worth it.

Yes its 5 min, and it is in affect whether its a alcohol drink or a soda... I got a ginger ale one morning, drank it and wanted a another drink and had to wait the 5 min.

wags_in_the_peg,

You mentioned you were able to order non alcoholic drinks with your cheers package for your kids a few times. Is this allowed or did they just assume the drinks were for you? I'll be the only one in my cabin over 21 and don't know if I'll drink quite enough to break even with cheers. However, my 20 year old DD (who does not drink alcohol) will be ordering non alcoholic frozen drinks etc. I assumed I would have to pay for her drinks separately. Is it allowed to purchase the non alcoholic drinks for her using my cheers package?

wags_in_the_peg,

You mentioned you were able to order non alcoholic drinks with your cheers package for your kids a few times. Is this allowed or did they just assume the drinks were for you? I'll be the only one in my cabin over 21 and don't know if I'll drink quite enough to break even with cheers. However, my 20 year old DD (who does not drink alcohol) will be ordering non alcoholic frozen drinks etc. I assumed I would have to pay for her drinks separately. Is it allowed to purchase the non alcoholic drinks for her using my cheers package?

You aren't allowed to. Doing so would be a violation of the agreed upon terms and being caught will result in termination of Cheers with no refund for unused days.

However, you're more than welcome to accept the risks...

So no poolside buckets of beer then?

no, they're specifically excluded. you can, however, effectively order one every 5 minutes and put them in a bucket of ice. voila, bucket of beer.

i haven't done it, but some say that certain bartenders have / would provide it and charge to your card every 5 minutes without having to literally sit at or walk up to the bar every 5 minutes. ymmv

no, they're specifically excluded. you can, however, effectively order one every 5 minutes and put them in a bucket of ice. voila, bucket of beer.

i haven't done it, but some say that certain bartenders have / would provide it and charge to your card every 5 minutes without having to literally sit at or walk up to the bar every 5 minutes. ymmv

Thanks! DH loves those. It's probably worth it to just sit there and wait every 5 mins and add it to a bucket, then go to wherever you're sitting.

Thanks! DH loves those. It's probably worth it to just sit there and wait every 5 mins and add it to a bucket, then go to wherever you're sitting.

there's also a term where you can effectively 'buy a round of drinks' for your 'friends' - whereas you charge 1 to cheers and pay for the balance. or pay for it 'out of program' - again this seems to vary ship to ship and as per understanding of the staff / management - you could probably do that too, especially if for any reason you wanted / needed to get around the limit lol. but again, ymmv. seriously, this far in, it should be a one liner to answer a question like this, but alas...