Steakhouse on breeze?? Worth it??

ajee622

Its pretty much standard on all Carnival Ships I can tell you about the one on the Dream when I went two years ago.

We went to the MDR the first evening, the service was lacking, the waiters surely looked overworked, too many tables/people to take care of and the food was just fair overall.

As a result we booked up the steakhouse for the second evening, lets just say it was overall excellent we dined there every night of the cruise!

Service was excellent, food was excellent, everything was remarkable. The menu was diversified so every night we could eat something different. The only thing I didnt care for and so the rest of us 4 adults, was the french onion soup was way too strong/rich for us but it was good if you like it that way. Other than that, we pretty much tried everything on the menu and well, lets just say on the Valor we are booked for 5 nights (1 night we going to a restaurant in Aruba for dinner as the ship is docked late and we want to go to one formal evening the first one for the lobster).

I've been to the steakhouse on several Carnival ships, and I have to say my experience on the Breeze was my least favorite. I didn't like the ambiance of the restaurant (the tables were too close together) and I just felt like the food and service wasn't as good. Our order was about half wrong when it came out (items missing, received other items we didn't order) but it was quickly corrected. I think our wait staff was just having a bad night, and I'm sure it would be better if I try it again on my upcoming Breeze cruise.

How does pricing work at the steakhouse? Is it one price and you can order anything you want, like in the MDR or is everything priced separately so your price varies depending on what you order? I just can't see paying for food when you have already paid but if it was one price and I could order anything I want like in the MDR, including multiple, then that would be nice to try one night.

We went to the steakhouse on the breeze two weeks ago.I loved the ahi appetizer.It was beautifully presented and so good that I wish that I had ordered two of thrm and skipped the steak.The bread is also wonderful I really like the atmosphere .I also went we were on the Magic.It is a nice change from communal dining

How does pricing work at the steakhouse? Is it one price and you can order anything you want, like in the MDR or is everything priced separately so your price varies depending on what you order? I just can't see paying for food when you have already paid but if it was one price and I could order anything I want like in the MDR, including multiple, then that would be nice to try one night.

Nope, it is a fee for the meal, if you want an additional entrée it cost you more.

You can order any appetizer and salad you want, a few times I had ordered 3 items but the entrée you only get one, I never really wanted a second dessert what they gave you was big and a lot but I heard other people asking for a second to get it.

Paying $35 for this dinner is just paying for the upgrade in quality/selection/variety...for instance, in the MDR daily you can order that flat iron steak which is a steak I never would eat too chewy lower grade beef...in the steakhouse you have choices 14 ounce NY Strip, 18 oz rib chop, 18 oz, rime ribeye streak, 9 oz filet mignon certainly you cant even get a fraction of that quality in the MDR no way ever! They also have surf and turf, broiled lobster tail, rosemary infused chicken, grilled lamb chops, main lobster ravioli and a grilled filet of fish of some type you NEVER get this type food in the MDR! Appetizers you can choose beef carpaccio its excellent, ahi tuna tartare is excellent, jumbo shrimp cocktail unlike the tiny itsy bitsy 3 pieces of shrimp you get in the MDR, you get new england crab cake and a few others, then you can choose a number of sides.... there is no way you get that in the MDR, and it certainly is worth the extra $35 to get that! If you go to steakhouses such as I do the steak alone cost $42-$59 and paying $35 gives you the full meal! Trust me you won't be sorry.

We went on our first cruise on the Dream. The food was definitely better, the service certainly more attentive, as there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We were stuffed when we walked out of there. But, we have not felt the need to go back for the $70.

I have to be blunt but mean it in a good positive way for the OP....if your used to eating at fast food restaurants, the MDR will be perfect for you, but if you prefer to eat 4/5 star restaurants the only place to eat is in the steakhouse. If your the type that likes to dine once in awhile then go to the steakhouse once or twice, I think it all comes down to what we are used to and what we are used to paying when we dine out at home.

To me $35 is CHEAP to get better quality, there is no way I eat a flat iron steak, but I eat any of the steaks at the steakhouse its what I am used to thats all. It also makes it a "special treat" to people.

Edited by lyndamr

Given that the Breeze is now going to have the American Table Menus - Yuck

The steakhouse is darn sure going to be worth it even more than it is. I would expect it to get more traffic from now on too.

Sort of a suck-suck outcome for everyone but Carnival.