answers to some recent Indy questions here

39august

Here are answers to some of the questions about Indy that I have recently seen posted. We sailed Jan. 11 and 17. Squeeze bar served hot dogs ( no charge) on sea days from noon til 3 PM. Rock the Boat is fantastic! There is a $3.95 surcharge on room service between 10 PM and 6 AM. Giovanni's Table is $25 pp for dinner. Chops serves cooked to order breakfast for Suites and Pinnacles. No lunch in Chops, (for gold cards) contrary to our experience on both Mariner and Navigator. Special dining area in the MDR for Diamond and D + for breakfast only. Two for one drinks every day in different bars. Check the Compass for times and bars. Raj is probably the best Concierge we have seen. This was our third year to sail Indy with him. The Diamond lounge was, of course, too crowded and got very noisey. So several of us got into the habit of sitting at the bar, Olive or Twist, (love that name!!)just outside the D lounge and using our Seapass drink vouchers there, and sometimes bringing snacks from the D lounge. No one seemed to mind this procedure. Probably the best bartender I have experienced in many cruises is Owens at Olive or Twist! This is the only ship I have experinced with two different ice shows, only one on each cruise, however. Our cabin steward, Larissa, was one of the best we have ever had. Gave WOW cars to both Raj and Larissa. We only ate once in the MDR on the first lobster night and the service was very quick.

Thanks for your comments!

Rock the Boat is fantastic!

Yes, they are! I wish they were going to be there when we sail.

There is a $3.95 surcharge on room service between 10 PM and 6 AM.

They keep stretching the hours on this. I remember when it was a surcharge between midnight and 5 AM. It doesn't affect me as I'm not likely to order room service much, never mind at those hours, but it just irks me a tiny bit.

Thanks for the tips. We will be on Indy in March and will miss out on Rock the Boat. Haven't heard about hot dogs at Squeeze before so that is good to know. We will be on 6-day and plan to eat in Chops the first night. We like to go to MDR for lobster as well. Do you remember which night that is? Our teenagers want to go to MDR every night but wife and I would be fine skipping MDR the rest of the trip.