Help a NCL girl find her Carnival ship :)

mitsugirly

Which ship is right for me?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is right for me?

• Magic (cheapest) Jamaica, GC, Cozumel
    • Glory (#2 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk
    • Conquest (#3 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk, St Kitts
    • Valor (highest price) Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk

You will love the pride! I sailed her sister the legend and i love the size of the spirit class ships! Such a great ship! Looking forward to your review of her upgrades!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks and I'll be sure to take pictures of everything...LOL :p

YES.

I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Also to answer the previous question about the Pride always being in Baltimore or if ships rotate....I foresee that it will be the Pride for a while. Baltimore also has to clear a bridge and I don't believe can accommodate anything larger than the Spirit class. Additionally, Baltimore has some EPA regulations in regards to the smokestack. Part of the Pride's dry dock was installation of "scrubbers" to reduce the emissions in to the air. As far as I know, she is the only Carnival ship who has the "scrubbers". :)

Wait, there's a bridge we go under? Awesome. When does this happen? Right after leaving or is there a channel you have to go down?

We just did a cruise out of Tampa and there was an awesome bridge we went under, but it was a few hours into the cruise and I had forgotten about it. I walked out just as we were passing under it. :eek: But did manage to get pictures.

Have fun!! Can't wait to read your review when you get back!

Thanks. I can't wait to experience it so that I can do the review. :D

I was hoping you would pick the Pride! (we are sailing her at the end of August)

We also brought the gift cards for our trip and did it while it was 4 x the fuel points! I think you will love the Pride, We have sailed her sister ship the legend and we love the layout and the size.

4x the fuel points? WOW. I wish we were having that sale. :eek: That would have been awesome. I'm going out to purchase some 5 gallon gas cans so we don't waste any of it when we fill up. :p

Thanks. I can't wait to experience it so that I can do the review. :D

4x the fuel points? WOW. I wish we were having that sale. :eek: That would have been awesome. I'm going out to purchase some 5 gallon gas cans so we don't waste any of it when we fill up. :p

Not sure where you got them (we get ours at Kroger) but at Kroger the points don't expire until the end of the next month after purchase and we can only use a dollar off per gallon per visit. My husband works 125 miles round trip from home so we love the fuel points! Also Kroger always runs the 4 x promotion around Easter ( all holidays and fathers day etc) so not sure if you will need more or any other gift cards for restaurants shopping etc

Not sure where you got them (we get ours at Kroger) but at Kroger the points don't expire until the end of the next month after purchase and we can only use a dollar off per gallon per visit. My husband works 125 miles round trip from home so we love the fuel points! Also Kroger always runs the 4 x promotion around Easter ( all holidays and fathers day etc) so not sure if you will need more or any other gift cards for restaurants shopping etc

Actually my youngest son works for Kroger (been there 3 1/2 years), but we don't buy our gift cards there because the fuel perks just don't add up as quickly as they do at Giant Eagle. But the program works about the same. You have until the following month to use all the perks. But you earn .10 for every $50 spent.

125 miles round trip. :eek: I would die! I don't like driving that much to begin with and the drive to Baltimore is probably going to be the death of me. LOL Thank goodness the hubby works right down the road from us and I'm a nurse that does drive all around visiting my patients every week, but they are all within 5 miles of my home. So, I do use the gas, just don't go far...it's kinda like going in circles. LOL

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ glad to see a ship's name in your orange space!:D

I sure wish I was going on another Carnival cruise, I really like the vibe on them (have done Breeze x 2 & Dream once). Can't wait to read all about it & see what you think of HMC after all the lovely beaches you've visited. I loved it.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ glad to see a ship's name in your orange space!:D

I sure wish I was going on another Carnival cruise, I really like the vibe on them (have done Breeze x 2 & Dream once). Can't wait to read all about it & see what you think of HMC after all the lovely beaches you've visited. I loved it.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks Jo. I'm glad to see a name in the orange space as well. :D I would love to do the Breeze. It has ALL the bells and whistles on it. I love the 3/4D movie theaters and that would be awesome. I just love the way that ship looks.

I'm sure I'm going to love HMC. After all the pictures I have seen, it looks like heaven there (and Grand Turk as well). Not too thrilled about Freeport, but I guess it will have to do. :p

Thanks and I'll be sure to take pictures of everything...LOL :p

Wait, there's a bridge we go under? Awesome. When does this happen? Right after leaving or is there a channel you have to go down?

We just did a cruise out of Tampa and there was an awesome bridge we went under, but it was a few hours into the cruise and I had forgotten about it. I walked out just as we were passing under it. :eek: But did manage to get pictures.

Yup!

Go here to see pics!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034286&page=5

Although I was pulling for the Glory (for selfish reasons), I'm still excited to read your review :). Anxious to hear about HMC & Grand Turk. Hope your family has a wonderful Easter cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much. I just hope we have good weather. After our Sky cruise in November and the crappy, rainy, cooler where you can't swim in the ocean or pool weather, I really hope we have good weather this time around. I swore I would never take another cruise to "just" the Bahamas during the non-summer months. :p

Oh yea...I did read that review (well parts of it). I guess I didn't realize about the bridge. Now I'll have to go back and take a closer look at it. Hopefully he posted how long it takes to get to the bridge so I'll be sitting up on deck waiting for it and can get some pictures. It does look like it's still during the day when you pass under it. Darnit. I got a few awesome pics of passing under the bridge in Tampa and it was all lit up and beautiful.

PB090328%20copy-M.jpg

PB090329%20copy-M.jpg

PB090332%20copy-M.jpg

PB090334%20copy-M.jpg

Kim, I haven't been on for awhile. I don't know if you actually booked yet but the price dropped $200 roughly for 3 in a balcony room. Hope You didn't book and I'm right about the lower price. Sorry in advance if I'm wrong or you already booked.

Edited by nodogkisses

Kim, I haven't been on for awhile. I don't know if you actually booked yet but the price dropped $200 roughly for 3 in a balcony room. Hope You didn't book and I'm right about the lower price. Sorry in advance if I'm wrong or you already booked.

Ours dropped $100 today and yes I booked 2 nights ago. I called Carnival today and got a credit so I'm good. However, I did notice that miraculously there are also interior and ocean view cabins now available for 3 people. :rolleyes: Imagine that! :mad:

I have not had a chance to get through all these posts but looks like you picked a ship not on your first choice list! Now I HAVE to go back and see why. Either way sure you will love your cruise. I have never sailed Pride so cant offer help.