CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Yes I always self disembark. Just was worried about the construction I heard about.

There is always construction in that area. Just get yourselves off the ship and on the road by 9:30 am to have a 2 hour buffer at EWR in case the security lines are awful.

Try calling the airline. Tell them you are on a cruise. The time of flight was changed by them and you would like a later flight. I don't recall the airline but I once had to do this and there was no additional cost to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try calling the airline. Tell them you are on a cruise. The time of flight was changed by them and you would like a later flight. I don't recall the airline but I once had to do this and there was no additional cost to me.

Already tried, the time change doesn't fall into the acceptable reasons. I think this is the only time I hope they do another flight time change, then I can call and get a later flight with no charge.

We have 12:30 flight from Newark on Saturday after leaving Anthem. We will self-disembark, and I anticipate no issues. In fact, the airline changed our original flight to 4:00, and I switched cities to get it back to 12:30.

We have 12:30 flight from Newark on Saturday after leaving Anthem. We will self-disembark, and I anticipate no issues. In fact, the airline changed our original flight to 4:00, and I switched cities to get it back to 12:30.

My DH says if there is nothing for me to worry about, I worry about there being nothing. I guess it is just what I was reading about bridges being closed for construction and there is always a chance the ship will not dock at the time it should, or customs will be short handed. Things like that, which I have seen happen first hand. I know if everything goes like it should, there will be plenty of time.

Hi, We have 12 hours from our Cruise disembarcation to our flight from EWK, has anyone had any experience with leaving luggage somewhere whilst doing some touristy things?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

It looks like you are on Anthem, right? Not a lot of choices. If you take a car service to Manhattan, you can store your luggage at Schwartz Travel on West 37th St. For getting back to EWR from that area you can go by train from New York Penn Station or airport bus from Port Authority Bus Station, both of which are 4-5 blocks from Schwartz Travel. Or you can book another car service to EWR.

Another option is to go to EWR to rent a car to go to Liberty State Park for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferry.

My DH says if there is nothing for me to worry about, I worry about there being nothing. I guess it is just what I was reading about bridges being closed for construction and there is always a chance the ship will not dock at the time it should, or customs will be short handed. Things like that, which I have seen happen first hand. I know if everything goes like it should, there will be plenty of time.

We have a 12:30pm flight on September 24th. We plan on self disembarking. My question is: will there be taxis available or do we need to schedule private transportation so there is no waiting? We will be on the Celebrity Summit at Cape Liberty to EWR.

It looks like you are on Anthem, right? Not a lot of choices. If you take a car service to Manhattan, you can store your luggage at Schwartz Travel on West 37th St. For getting back to EWR from that area you can go by train from New York Penn Station or airport bus from Port Authority Bus Station, both of which are 4-5 blocks from Schwartz Travel. Or you can book another car service to EWR.

Another option is to go to EWR to rent a car to go to Liberty State Park for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferry.

great, many thanks. we will have done Statue of liberty pre-cruise (should have thought it through better...

We have a 12:30pm flight on September 24th. We plan on self disembarking. My question is: will there be taxis available or do we need to schedule private transportation so there is no waiting? We will be on the Celebrity Summit at Cape Liberty to EWR.

We have a 12:30 flight on Saturday. Plan to Uber to EWR, after self-disembark from Anthem. I'll let you know how it goes!

Uber to the port on Thursday, from Hilton Newark Penn Station, was easy, fast, and only $18.50 total, for two of us.

You have to do what you're most comfortable with. Getting off the ship in a timely manner is step 1. Taxis should be available, but you always need to give yourself some wiggle room just in case. Traffic on a Sunday is at the lowest for the week. Having Uber on your smart phone might be a good thing as well.

From what I've been told, there is someone right after you get off the ship to direct you to both shuttles and taxis to EWR. But it looks like Uber and Lift are the cheaper way to go. I am on the Anthem, and I would think the Summit dock would work the same way.

We have a 12:30 flight on Saturday. Plan to Uber to EWR, after self-disembark from Anthem. I'll let you know how it goes!

Uber to the port on Thursday, from Hilton Newark Penn Station, was easy, fast, and only $18.50 total, for two of us.

Thank you for your reply! We will also be staying at Hilton Penn Station so it is good to know how much it will cost to get to Cape Liberty. Will be anxious to hear about your transport to EWR! Thanks!

From what I've been told, there is someone right after you get off the ship to direct you to both shuttles and taxis to EWR. But it looks like Uber and Lift are the cheaper way to go. I am on the Anthem, and I would think the Summit dock would work the same way.

The Summit typically docks 1.5- 2 hours later than Anthem at 8 am, so you really need to make an effort to self disembark and get yourselves off the ship. Traffic to EWR should be fine, but there are always potential points of failure.

Hi, We have 12 hours from our Cruise disembarcation to our flight from EWK, has anyone had any experience with leaving luggage somewhere whilst doing some touristy things?

According to this link...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46671-i866-k10680008-Luggage_Storage_at_EWR_Newark_Airport_2017_Terminal_C-Newark_New_Jersey.html

as well as another one, it appears there is luggage storage at EWR. Supposedly for United Airlines only but the poster in the link addresses that. I do not find EWR to be as informative/courteous as other airports, have a backup plan if you use this storage location.

Thank you for your reply! We will also be staying at Hilton Penn Station so it is good to know how much it will cost to get to Cape Liberty. Will be anxious to hear about your transport to EWR! Thanks!

You're very welcome! This was our second time using that hotel. It's so easy to use PATH into Manhattan from there. We had a great afternoon and evening in NYC Wednesday before boarding Anthem Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your response regarding transportation to EWR post cruise. I just checked and it looks like the Summit is the only ship that will be docked on 9/24. We arrive at 8 am. So we will try Uber or Lyft for transport to EWR. Hopefully we will have no issues getting to airport for our 12:30 flight. Thanks again!

Thank you all for your response regarding transportation to EWR post cruise. I just checked and it looks like the Summit is the only ship that will be docked on 9/24. We arrive at 8 am. So we will try Uber or Lyft for transport to EWR. Hopefully we will have no issues getting to airport for our 12:30 flight. Thanks again!

Disembarked from Anthem this morning.

7:30 self-carry, line was long but continually moving.

Requested an Uber outside the terminal at 7:44. He was there by 7:53. We were at EWR by 8:12, and are now (8:30) sitting at our gate, with 4 hours to kill!

Uber was $26.50 plus tip, so a bit of surge pricing, but still quite a bit less than a taxi or shuttle for two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking at Uber or Lift for transportation to EWR after my cruise. Do you recommend one over the other and why. Thanks Guys.

No big differences. I just used Uber to and from Cape Liberty (disembarked this morning, sitting at EWR waiting for my flight). Fast pickups, friendly drivers, great price. I imagine Lyft would be the same.

No big differences. I just used Uber to and from Cape Liberty (disembarked this morning, sitting at EWR waiting for my flight). Fast pickups, friendly drivers, great price. I imagine Lyft would be the same.

Knew there was a Y in Lyft. Just went stupid! Thanks for the response.

Could you share what you paid for your first Uber trip including number of people and amount of luggage?